Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

The thing with Darren Bent is that he's just really, really, really good at getting himself in positions to score goals and being in the right place at the right time but he's not a clinical finisher (case in point above!). He doesn't add anything to a team and players like him are becoming less and less important in top level football today.

Teams can't afford to have him in their starting line up game after game.

I'm not saying this just on the back of that miss, but it's a complete myth that he's a great finisher. Being a great goalscorer and a great finisher do not necessarily go hand-in-hand. 

pippo inzaghi for example, technically horrendous, scored with his knee/thigh/arse from 2 yards. he was however a genius at reading the play and getting to where he needed to be, Bent isn't quite at that evel but he's that type of player...

• Like 1

Bent certainly won't get a move to another Prem team and I don't expect him to drop down a league either.

I can see him moving to a Turkish club in the summer - the league currently has money and some 'big' names plying their trade over there - he's at that age (and form) where a well paid move like that would suit all parties involved.

• Like 1

Limited player with an impressive goal tally.

The game today demands so much more than Darren can/is prepared to give.....also as he has got older is less good at what he does best.

it was a " fire fighting " signing once again for us.

Edited by TRO

Â