Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Yeah they won't, but they'll work for Lambert's team better. Bent is clearly an outstanding goalscorer and his positioning will mean he'll do it and basically any club, no matter how bad. Problem is we need someone with a bit more about him. Thank God we have Benteke.

Not sure if I dare say this here, but I hope Benteke starts doing more of that extra work in the next few games, since I haven't been all that happy with his game, or work rate, so far.

If Weiman or Agbonlahor ever go on to be prolific scorers like Bent i'll eat a cat

and you can quote me on that

No worries, won't happen.

Yeah they won't, but they'll work for Lambert's team better. Bent is clearly an outstanding goalscorer and his positioning will mean he'll do it and basically any club, no matter how bad. Problem is we need someone with a bit more about him. Thank God we have Benteke.

Not sure if I dare say this here, but I hope Benteke starts doing more of that extra work in the next few games, since I haven't been all that happy with his game, or work rate, so far.

Ha ha - Criticise the monster & on VT too? :)

You're a brave man Tuco. :P

I predict you'll soon be getting a fistful & that it definitely won't be dollars. ;)

• Like 1

Ha ha - Criticise the monster & on VT too? :)

You're a brave man Tuco. :P

I predict you'll soon be getting a fistful & that it definitely won't be dollars. ;)

I expect nothing less... although I'm doing it in a Bent thread, so maybe not so brave after all ;)

If on the 31st of October you were to stand in front of a mirror with only candlelight to light the room and you slowly said ... B E N T E K E three times while looking at your reflection.

The beast will appear and kick you ferking asss ! !

• Like 2

Ah, forget Bent. I remember the glory days of Peter Withe running the channels, tracking back into his own half, and doing other pointless shit outside the box etc etc

I was so irked by this I couldn't read past it to see if anyone had pointed out the obvious to you yet.

It's not 1981. The game has moved on almost immeasurably. That "pointless shit" you speak of isn't pointless anymore.

Players like Bent have gone the way of the dodo. Good riddance too.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

No mate i haven't. Type of striker is what you're getting at and in Bent's case teams set up to play in the way we do no longer cater for the poacher. I presume thats what you are getting at but what i'm getting at is that not all teams will play in a way that will make the poacher extinct.

Ah, forget Bent. I remember the glory days of Peter Withe running the channels, tracking back into his own half, and doing other pointless shit outside the box etc etc

I was so irked by this I couldn't read past it to see if anyone had pointed out the obvious to you yet.

It's not 1981. The game has moved on almost immeasurably. That "pointless shit" you speak of isn't pointless anymore.

Load of codswallop

Boring, boring, Bent.

Such a liability to a team that isn't set up exactly the way he needs it.

84 minutes of running around without a shot.

Edited by Kwan

Load of codswallop

Only it isn't. The modern game is so competitive. Roles aren't as defined as they were, defenders are expected to be able to push up, play football. Wingers are expected to roam, switch and come inside. Strikers are expected to work, to link and to create space. Even the DM is dying a death.

Name me another Withe/Bent type striker? You needn't stick to the top clubs, I'll give you the entire division. I'll start you off with Soldado at a push, but he's surrounded by real talent, the kind we can't afford. And he's much, much better at "it" than Bent...

This Bent hate is getting boring now, he is well worthy of his place in a Premiership team.

At a club built around him maybe. If Fulham are willing to do that then fair play to them, I don't personally believe they have the squad to compensate. They're my outside bet for relegation.

I don't hate Bent in the slightest, I just don't think he's very good.

Â