Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

think his performances under ginger bollocks have tainted peoples opinion of him, game after game when he was our only player in the oppositions half chasing 40/50 yard passes or expected to somehow win a header vs 2 CBs run on to his own flick on, beat the other defenders and score, every time he didn't do that the bloke behind me for example decided to call him a lazy ****

he's a good player who just didn't fit our team and the move suited everyone, don't see what any of us have to be angry about to honest, and as long as he doesn't outscore benteke then I don't see why any of us would question the move, even when / if he does really well there

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I hope Darren does very well this season, even if we didn't benefit from it at all.

Why would you hope that Bent and by extension, Fulham do very well this season??

I heard through a contact at VP that Bent's attitude was wrong. There was no stampede to sign him and now he can't command a place in a struggling Fulham side.

He'll always score the odd goal but in the modern game much more is required of striker. Net, Bent will cost Fulham goals.

Will be glad to be rid of him off the wage bill

Because he was our player. That's why. I hate it when we badmouth players that are leaving. It makes us look incredibly small-time.

I have no knowledge of him being a rotten apple. And I won't believe it anymore anyway if someone claims so.

I'm not bothered by Fulham.

Edited by AVTuco

Because he was our player. That's why. I hate it when we badmouth players that are leaving. It makes us look incredibly small-time.

I have no knowledge of him being a rotten apple. And I won't believe it anymore anyway if someone claims so.

Agree...

Him doing well could a) take points off our rivals and B) get rid of him proper

I always thought he was a model professional. Obviously he didn't fit in with Lambert and he was never going to be happy when a player like Bowery was being picked ahead of him. I've nothing against him, his goal scoring record in the Premier League is up there with the best. However I think we have to move on now.

I've always liked Bent and I wish him well (just so long as he doesn't score against us) but at the same time I don't understand this sudden love-in from certain posters?

It's a love in, because the same posters who were having a go at Lambet for playing Benteke ahead of him with same line as they use now Bent is a proven goalscorer etc etc. They now feel with Benteke out, that Bent could seriously offer us something. Soon they'll be campaigning for Bannan when and if  Delph is suspended or injured.

I've always liked Bent and I wish him well (just so long as he doesn't score against us) but at the same time I don't understand this sudden love-in from certain posters?

Well he can't play against us.

Well he can't play against us.

Oh yeah. :lol:

Well, if he moves to a Premier League club permanently in the future then I hope he doesn't score against us. ;)

I always thought he was a model professional. Obviously he didn't fit in with Lambert and he was never going to be happy when a player like Bowery was being picked ahead of him. I've nothing against him, his goal scoring record in the Premier League is up there with the best. However I think we have to move on now.

I agree we need to move on. Absolutely.

I just answered to a question I was asked relating to a post I wrote Aug 31st.

this always happens to average players when out of the team. Nigel Reo Coker, Carlos Cuellar and Luke Young spring to mind. neither has done a thing since they left the club

this always happens to average players when out of the team. Nigel Reo Coker, Carlos Cuellar and Luke Young spring to mind. neither has done a thing since they left the club

I forgot about the Cuellar love. Jesus that was maddening.

It's almost like you have to hate Darren Bent to show support for our new approach.

Why can't we just accept he didn't fit our first 11 plans and was on too much money to simply be a back up plan.

To be honest I thought that was the view of most fans/posters.

I don't really see much evidence of any real hate towards him, most people posted wishing him well when he went.

Not worried about that, as he can't play against us whilst he is out on loan at Fulham ;) probably going to end-up there after his loan spell if the two clubs can find an agreement in the fee and his wages. Was never really going to work out for DB9 when Young and Downing were both sold and replaced with Insomnia. 

I support Aston Villa.

After that I support Lambert, and the only way that changes is if he does something, I feel is damaging Aston Villa.

As for Darren Bent, I loved him when he was banging in the goals, I'm not bothered that he's out of the team, and I don't appreciate his comments saying Lambert did this and that, like taking his jersey without asking as he is still an employee of Aston Villa. As for his season at Fulham I want him to score as many important goals as possible as he is still our player, and if he becomes indispensable to Fulham we can get some good money for him. After that, I'll think fondly of his goals and wish him well unless he does a "Young". 

• Like 2

Spoke well of us in an interview he did this week.

I wish him well although it is silly people critising Lambert when Bent scores a goal for Fulham as you'd expect him to do. It's not like we went on amazing winning runs when Bent was actually starting games for us.

A player who will go down in our history as someone we really should've signed 18 months earlier.

Spoke well of us in an interview he did this week.

I wish him well although it is silly people critising Lambert when Bent scores a goal for Fulham as you'd expect him to do. It's not like we went on amazing winning runs when Bent was actually starting games for us.

A player who will go down in our history as someone we really should've signed 18 months earlier.

Link? Curious what he said.

Â