Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I agree he's much improved and perhaps now he's fulfilling his potential. I would point out, however, Duff ghosted past him for that chance. Still, he's definitely improved considerably and is a real threat when he gets down that right hand side.

Hutton has always been decent going forward, I will reserve judgement on if he is improving until I see someone who turns him around and makes him defend. Then and only then will we see if he is improving.

Lets not forget he fell asleep at the back post the other week and cost us dearly.

Hutton has always been decent going forward, I will reserve judgement on if he is improving until I see someone who turns him around and makes him defend. Then and only then will we see if he is improving.

Lets not forget he fell asleep at the back post the other week and cost us dearly.

This. His defensive ability has always been the worry.

Good performance from him yesterday but let's see how things go.

For all his supposed defensive frailties, i don't remember him giving too many goals away, or even chances tbh.Made a great defensive header 5 mins to go yday, and was probably MOM behind Ireland imho.

For £3m he looks a good signing, and for all those Villa fans who have been influenced by the pathetic press about his legitimate tackle on Long, get over it, after all the tackles the Olbiyon have inflicted on our players over the years they deserved that, and much more.

Let's not forget that it must've been a good while before this season started that Hutton had played consecutive games at the top level. The pace of the PL can mean the difference between a good and a rash lunge can be a split second.

Hutton looks like his timing, strength and touch are all improving so fair play to him, long may it continue.

Let's not forget that it must've been a good while before this season started that Hutton had played consecutive games at the top level.

Trudat. It may indeed explain why he initially tended to **** up every single thing that was asked of him.

If he really is a talented player needing games to play at his best it'll be one less stick to beat McLeish with. The test will be when he plays against wingers of real quality. Should be a few of those after the Bolton game.

Erm, I know it's a bit of an easy time time say this, but I've always thought he got rough treatment on here and I've quite liked him for a while now. Since the Swansea game when he came on for Cuellar he has been steadily improving and has earned a fair chance from us I think.

I thought he was solid yesterday, possibly his best defensive game, but I didn't understand all the superlatives I was reading in the reaction threads, because going forward he was still complete rubbish, with laughable crossing.

Funny thing about Hutton is, even when he plays shit I still like him because of the tackles he puts in.

Most memorable - that diving tackle to stop Bellamy tapping in vs. Liverpool. 2 footed. Mid air. If he'd connected with Bellamy, it was goodby sunday morning football. Oh and that leg breaker on that cocky little shit Shane Long. I bet he spat his chewing gum out when Hutton hit him that day.

Id have him and Cuellar in our defence every week at the moment. Just need to find a replacement for Warnock and Collins and ourn defence would be a lot stronger. Oh, And **** Dunne off aswell, crazy oaf.

There's no place for two-footed challenges or any other type of tackle that could seriously injure a player in the sport. There should also be no place for any fans wishing for any players to get hurt and getting some sick sort of enjoyment out of it no matter who it is. It's a game ffs.

Funny thing about Hutton is, even when he plays shit I still like him because of the tackles he puts in.

Most memorable - that diving tackle to stop Bellamy tapping in vs. Liverpool. 2 footed. Mid air. If he'd connected with Bellamy, it was goodby sunday morning football. Oh and that leg breaker on that cocky little shit Shane Long. I bet he spat his chewing gum out when Hutton hit him that day.

Id have him and Cuellar in our defence every week at the moment. Just need to find a replacement for Warnock and Collins and ourn defence would be a lot stronger. Oh, And **** Dunne off aswell, crazy oaf.

Dann and Cuellar at centre back for me.

I think we may be looking to reduce Cuellars wages to keep him here. Hopefully he'll take it and doesn't get a better offer.

It's taken awhile but I guess not playing much over the last year or so makes it all too evident when a player is plays consistently and trying to catch up on match fitness.

Last few matches Hutton has played well and particularly against Fulham. One thing you cannot fault him for is his passion...I'm starting to like him and I hope he continues the good form!

• 2 weeks later...

Alan Hutton out for 2 to 3 weeks, so will likely miss Chelsea, Liverpool, Stoke and Man United. Not a bad thing if you ask me, I've been waiting for Lichaj or Herd to get a run at right back!

Â