Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I thought he had an average game yesterday. He was part of one good attacking move in the second half, but 2 or 3 in the first half broke down around him. Defensively he was neither especially good nor especially bad... they did equalise through a move he might have been able to do something about.

However despite strongly criticising him since he's arrived, I sympathise with him somewhat because it's obviously our passive tactics which are causing the problem. The defence is not well-drilled or talented enough to withstand the sustained pressure that McLeish seems to want them to. TBF you'd have to have top quality all across the back four to soak up all the punishment McLeish's tactics invite, and we don't.

He has improved every week for the past 4 or 5 games. Long may it continue, it seems he just needed to get back to the Premier League pace, although that doesn't excuse his stupidity in the first couple of appearances.

Carlos and Collins are proving to be a good pairing. I am shocked, but Hutton has been quality of late. If he can keep this form, I'll have no problems with him. Albrighton and Hutton are forming a pretty decent partnership down the right.

Not only was his attacking play very positive but he tracked back and made some really good tackles too. I think it was his best game for us.

Totally agree with this and so did everyone else who sits by me.

Â