Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I think I'll go with not.

Watch our defence pass then watch Hutton. He certainly not brilliant but he is the most comfortable with the ball and is able to pass on the ground confidently. His crosses in the air however, are shit.

I think I'll go with not.

Watch our defence pass then watch Hutton. He certainly not brilliant but he is the most comfortable with the ball and is able to pass on the ground confidently. His crosses in the air however, are shit.

His passing is nothing special and tends toward the safe side, which would be fine if he was a CB but he's supposed to be providing some attacking threat. I wouldn't say he's a noticeably better passer than Clark. Cuellar is at least as good. Warnock, when he isn't playing like he has a gun aimed at him, is also a better passer; I can't really envisage Hutton pulling off any of the intricate overlap work that Warnock used to do with A. Young, when we had our purple patches under MON.

One of the long running conversations we have on the way to a game (well once or twice a season) is the all time best and all time worst Villa 11. One of our toughest positions to fill was right back in the worst 11 as we didn't really feel that there was a right back that had really been awful in the same way a Kinsella say had been in midfield. Hutton has put an end to our problems in that regard as he is properly pony.

He is certainly not as bad as some make out on here, makes mistakes yes but not as catastrophic as his colleague on the opposite flank. He's not bad, he's not good ever just an average right back in a average team.

I didn't see the game yesterday but he certainly looked to have been a real driving force going forward yesterday on highlights.

He has improved somewhat which is good to see.

But for some outstanding saves from Robinson we should have won y'day by a canter. Second half we should have kept up the pressure,

instead of sitting back. How many times has that happened this season!

Â