Alan Hutton

Rich_D

17 hours ago, lexicon said:

Struggles with his positioning at LB. He doesn't come out wide enough, which allows the opposition winger too much space IMO. 

Also Struggles with his positioning at RB. He doesn't come out wide enough, which allows the opposition winger too much space IMO :D

• Like 2

Don't want to labour the point, but when they nearly equalised (great save by Johnstone) it was because he was too high up the pitch and couldn't get back.  Left Conor out to dry too who tried to cover.

Played okay other than that. 

He needs to concentrate on being solid rather than trying to be spectacular.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2017 at 17:01, lexicon said:

Struggles with his positioning at LB. He doesn't come out wide enough, which allows the opposition winger too much space IMO. 

I don't think that's an issue with him being at LB, it's just an issue with him in general.

He's always played really narrow as a fullback. I guess he just backs himself for pace so is happy to let the winger have the ball wide rather than allow him the chance to cut inside of him.

But I noticed how narrow he played years ago. Once you see it you can't unsee it :D 

19 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Don't want to labour the point, but when they nearly equalised (great save by Johnstone) it was because he was too high up the pitch and couldn't get back.  Left Conor out to dry too who tried to cover.

Haha I was coming on to make that point too LF.

If memory serves me correctly (although I was row 38 in the Trinity and 5 beers in by then) It was one of his badly judged sliding tackles around the halfway line, which took him completely out of the game and left an acre of space for their player to run and cross into the box. 

Edited by GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

One of the many reasons he should NEVER play for us again.

I cannot imagine that RDL Bree or one of the Youth players couldnt do a job without exposing us like Hutton does.

Hutton is not only a very very bad footballer, he is irresponsible towards the team too.

I‘ll be more happy when he‘s gone than Richards, because at least Richards doesnt get the chance to show how shyte he is. Hutton gets the chance at RB RWB & LB to show what a liability he is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

It was standard Hutton the last 10 minutes. Blowing out of his arse, head gone, concentration gone. Just diving in, not thinking about what he waa doing.

• Like 2

Â