Alan Hutton

Rich_D

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Hutton is shit.

I don't think you will get away with that..... the Mod said we are to "discuss" .... so, to that end, I ask, IS he shit ? 

Or or is he worse than shit ?

There we are, now it's a discussion !

7 minutes ago, Warnock said:

Got exposed yesterday and proved work rate counts for nothing if you're a shit footballer.

He only lasts about an hour of any game he plays and goes missing for the remainder of the game. If he makes a forward run in the last 20 minutes of a game and we lose the ball then it's guaranteed that we will leave a massive hole down our right side with Hutton plodding back into position about 10 seconds too late, he's shite and a liability and his work rate is a myth.

• Like 3

I get that we all hate Hutton, and that no one is ever going to win an argument here by suggesting he is anything other than total garbage. However, my point was specifically about his defensive performance in the Championship, not his overall game. Last year we had one of the best defensive records in the division, surely that would not have been possible if he was as bad defensively as people are making out.

2 hours ago, Warnock said:

proved work rate counts for nothing if you're a shit footballer.

It counts for an awful lot when Steve Bruce is picking the team, that's why we have to suffer watching Bacuna and Hutton. 

2 hours ago, poitier said:

I get that we all hate Hutton, and that no one is ever going to win an argument here by suggesting he is anything other than total garbage. However, my point was specifically about his defensive performance in the Championship, not his overall game. Last year we had one of the best defensive records in the division, surely that would not have been possible if he was as bad defensively as people are making out.

Well if we want to have a good defensive record while also having a minus 1 goal difference over the season then Hutton is the man for the job...

53 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Well if we want to have a good defensive record while also having a minus 1 goal difference over the season then Hutton is the man for the job...

So I'm talking about his defensive game and you are saying our lack of goals is down to him. That's a pretty weak argument. Especially since he has more assists in the league this season than the rest of the squad.

Edited by poitier

1 hour ago, poitier said:

So I'm talking about his defensive game and you are saying our lack of goals is down to him. That's a pretty weak argument. Especially since he has more assists in the league this season than the rest of the squad.

Haha he's terrible going forward, see how many assists he has at the end of the season. My point is, he might be ok/average at defending but in todays game we need a full back that is gonna be consistently good attacking and defending.

Just look at all three goals at Cardiff, three different displays of terrible defending. He is not a good defender. Occasionally he puts in a good, strong challenge, a block or a last ditch clearance. But positioning and marking ability is as, or more, important as being able to fly in and win the ball and he has absolutely none of it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Lowton wasn't great for us at all, but he did have some ability, his delivery was good for starters, plus, would Hutton, in a million years, ever score a goal like Lowton did for us away at Stoke? Nope.

He got one vs Leicester when he didnt know what to do :lol:

9 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Haha he's terrible going forward, see how many assists he has at the end of the season. My point is, he might be ok/average at defending but in todays game we need a full back that is gonna be consistently good attacking and defending.

I agree that he is terrible going forward, but, as you concede, he is not totally useless at defending, which was my point.

First rule as a full back is to ensure your opponent is shown the touchline. Watch how many times and how easy it is for the opponent to cut inside Hutton. 

Awful doesn't do the guy justice. 

21 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

He is rubbish, utterly utterly rubbish. I despair when I see people saying otherwise.

Nothing signifies how far we've fallen more  than people thinking Hutton is a decent player, he is abysmal. 

I fully agree, I didn't understand the hype about him towards the end of last season. It doesn't matter how hard he tries or how much passion he shows, he still cant defend or pass the ball properly. I will support him as long as he gives 100%, but he is still a limited fotballer and I would rather see us giving Bree or someone of the youth players a chance.

4 hours ago, Robbie09 said:

First rule as a full back is to ensure your opponent is shown the touchline. Watch how many times and how easy it is for the opponent to cut inside Hutton. 

Awful doesn't do the guy justice. 

Since the day he joined he has an awful tendancy to unbalance himself by putting his arms behind his back and/or turning his back and/or over commiting and allowing people to come inside.

In short, he is shit.

Â