Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Steve Bruce speaks out on rumours Alan Hutton is set to leave Aston Villa

Bruce was talking after AVFC's friendly draw with Watford at Villa Park

Steve Bruce has rubbished reports linking Alan Hutton with a move away from Aston Villa as ‘nonsense’ and insisted he’s happy for the defender to stay at Villa Park.

Reports have persisted throughout the summer about Hutton’s future with Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland the clubs most prominently linked.

But Bruce, who sees Hutton as his first choice right-back, told reporters after today’s 0-0 draw with Watford he counts on the former Rangers and Spurs man for the season ahead

Good.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/steve-bruce-speaks-out-rumours-13405051

• Sad 1

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:16, TrentVilla said:

Well yes obviously. :)

The point of debate is what that number should be, I'd be absolutely fine with anything less than 5.

Not quite so obvious :)

3 minutes ago, tismyk said:

Steve Bruce speaks out on rumours Alan Hutton is set to leave Aston Villa

Bruce was talking after AVFC's friendly draw with Watford at Villa Park

Steve Bruce has rubbished reports linking Alan Hutton with a move away from Aston Villa as ‘nonsense’ and insisted he’s happy for the defender to stay at Villa Park.

Reports have persisted throughout the summer about Hutton’s future with Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland the clubs most prominently linked.

But Bruce, who sees Hutton as his first choice right-back, told reporters after today’s 0-0 draw with Watford he counts on the former Rangers and Spurs man for the season ahead

Good.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/steve-bruce-speaks-out-rumours-13405051

Heavens above - bad news :( 

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

• Like 2

Even in todays market, when the ability walk in a straight line means you're worth £20m, i find it staggering that Spurs once paid £9m for this bloke. 

I find it odd that with so many options at right back that at this stage we would declare him first choice. I thought at times, he looked destined for the door and that we were actively looking to move him on. 

At least he only has 12 months left, but then, if we keep playing him, he might be awarded another year appearances-based automatic extension like last time but I don't know the ins and outs of his contract...

Not worth the estimated 30/40k a week wages for that ability, not to be declared first choice. Hopefully this makes say, Bree, work his ass off and force him out. Or if you were Bree would you be a slight bit miffed by the first choice reference, probably the latter. 

as said, I thought it looked nailed on he was going. Maybe, here's a theory, just maybe, Terry has clicked with him. After all, Hutton must surely train really over the years really well to keep getting picked to start (what happens on the pitch is another story) and might be a decent / motivating influence in the dressing room. And maybe, Terry has said nah boss he's a good egg keep him for this last year. 

Clutching at straws here. Out of disappointment. But, ah well if he's staying then can we see Hutton v2.0 then? Please. 

41 minutes ago, av1 said:

Even in todays market, when the ability walk in a straight line means you're worth £20m, i find it staggering that Spurs once paid £9m for this bloke. 

And that was back then, that 9m probably comparative to 25m today. 

Ironic that we loaned Kyle Walker, added to his development and showed Spurs he was first X1 ready and that Hutton was surplus. 

I like Kyle Walker, enjoyed his Villa year. But if anyone has a time machine, can they go back to stop us loaning Walker, as that would probably mean we never signed Hutton. 

42 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Maybe, here's a theory, just maybe, Terry has clicked with him. After all, Hutton must surely train really over the years really well to keep getting picked to start (what happens on the pitch is another story) and might be a decent / motivating influence in the dressing room. And maybe, Terry has said nah boss he's a good egg keep him for this last year. 

Give it a couple of weeks mate, Terry will soon grow tired of being pulled out of position to cover for a wondering right back ;)

Hutton doesn't do a bad job in his own half of the pitch, but that can be the only reason he's in the team. RDL is injured still and as for Bree, well he must be doing something Bruce thinks puts Hutton ahead - god knows what that is. 

I think the presence of Terry and Elmo has lifted a weight off his shoulders. He was linking up with Elmo terrifically in the first half. He still does odd things, and often telegraphs his intentions, but I was impressed today.

• Like 1

Still a weak link, but much better today.

Edit: His positioning is suspect at best, and his crossing is woeful (even thou he managed to get an assist today while falling down)

Sadly because of those shortcomings pretty much everything he does in between becomes a bit pointless.

Edited by sne

Â