Alan Hutton

Rich_D

59 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

If he was as bad as it sounds against Cardiff (I didn't see the game) then he may well not play tomorrow. 

It was probably his worst game in a Villa shirt to date, and that is no mean feat. Failed at the basics of being a full back, and was abysmal going forward. You have to wonder just what a player has to do to be dropped if he starts tomorrow.

James Bree could play and make a handful of glaring mistakes and still be worth more to the team.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I think he is the worst right back we have ever had

Honestly Bacuna is better defensively than Hutton is. Huttons shit and have been saying it for a while. Dont get why Hutton gets all this love when he has been absolutely shit and also one of the squad members who helped get us relegated 

17 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Bree was playing regular football in the championship. Not sure why he's now not ready to play regular football in the championship. 

I think I explained it pretty well on the previous page. maybe you missed it or chose to ignore it.

It's not that he's not ready to play championship football. It's that he's made a massive move for a young player so it may be taking him longer to settle than usual, so as such may not be ready to be the starting right back for a team SUPPOSEDLY challenging for promotion.

FWIW I'd love to see him playing more, I'm just not sure we'll see it immediately.

On Hutton, I think the exaggeration in this thread has gone into overdrive after the Cardiff game.

I've made it pretty clear that I don't rate Hutton very much and would gladly see him replaced. And he was awful against Cardiff.

But he has actually been fairly decent in the championship for us. Suddenly after the Cardiff game he's "the worst right back we have ever had" etc

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

On Hutton, I think the exaggeration in this thread has gone into overdrive after the Cardiff game.

I've made it pretty clear that I don't rate Hutton very much and would gladly see him replaced. And he was awful against Cardiff.

But he has actually been fairly decent in the championship for us. Suddenly after the Cardiff game he's "the worst right back we have ever had" etc

He actually isn't though. He is constantly out of position and costs us more goals then he saves. That is the definition of a bad defender. He is good at running and that is about it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, omariqy said:

He actually isn't though. He is constantly out of position and costs us more goals then he saves. That is the definition of a bad defender. He is good at running and that is about it.

On the bright side he actually managed to get a cross past the first defender this season (and it lead to a goal)

That more than he managed all of last season.

He's harmless going forward, and a liability when defending.

Doesn't matter if Bree or DeLaet is not 100% ready, they still should play ahead of Hutton who is actively making us easier to defend against and easier to score against.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Are you joking? I bet you've got his name and number on your shirt. Always out if position, makes crucial mistakes, no idea how to communicate with the rest of the defence....but it's ok because he tries hard...

Do you think Micah Richards is going to win the Ballon D'or??

• Confused 1

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Are you joking? I bet you've got his name and number on your shirt. Always out if position, makes crucial mistakes, no idea how to communicate with the rest of the defence....but it's ok because he tries hard...

Do you think Micah Richards is going to win the Ballon D'or??

Wind your **** neck in, pal.

Read the **** thread and you'll realise my views on Hutton. I don't like him, I don't rate him.

All i was saying is the criticism since Cardiff seems to have gone over the top.

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I wouldn't say worst he is ever had but he is really really shit. I think the criticism is justified personally 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I wouldn't say worst he is ever had but he is really really shit. I think the criticism is justified personally 

He is shit. But read this thread after the Hull game or the end of last season and the consensus is he's severely limited, but AT THIS LEVEL he has been ok for us.

Suddenly after the Cardiff game he's completely shit and the worst player we've ever had etc

That's all I meant. I think people are going a bit OTT after one horrendous game.

And again, this is from someone who has long expressed his displeasure at Hutton being in our team.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

He is shit. But read this thread after the Hull game or the end of last season and the consensus is he's severely limited, but AT THIS LEVEL he has been ok for us.

Suddenly after the Cardiff game he's completely shit and the worst player we've ever had etc

That's all I meant. I think people are going a bit OTT after one horrendous game.

And again, this is from someone who has long expressed his displeasure at Hutton being in our team.

Like stated in my post I agree with your point about being worst RB ever is a exaggeration. I think at this level if you have any aspirations to get promoted you need far better quality than the like of Alan Hutton.

Last season I thought he was average at best and didn't understand all this CAFU nonsense. That was just another exaggeration Hutton is hopeless and I hope to god Wednesday are still interested in him he needs to be sold immediately! 

Wow Stevo. The irony here is that you are moaning about over exaggeration. Yet your response to me was littered in expletives whilst your tears of frustration soaked into your 'Hutton 21' shirt.

You are defending the indefensible. He is the laughing stock of this joke of a club. The cardiff game was just the straw that shattered the camels back. Managers and fans like you saying, We'll, he's ok at this level is part of the reason we are in such a mess. We are aston villa. We have been accepting mediocre and (in buttons case) consistently abysmal performances for way too long.

Â