Alan Hutton

Rich_D

5 minutes ago, poitier said:

He got taken to the cleaners today, but Cardiff's front players were very good - quick, strong and skillful. I know people slate Hutton, and I'm certainly not a big fan of his, but I haven't seen him get destroyed like that in the Championship before - plenty of times in the Prem, but generally he has been solid defensively in this division.

It wasn't just Hutton that got schooled today, Chester got absolutely turned inside out for the third and whoever it was got outpaced for the second.

Poor as Hutton was today, I really don't know who we could have put in that would have fared any better.

giphy.webp

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He makes me miss Lowton

Made an assist in victory away to Chelsea. Not sure why we let him go. It's been nothing but shite since

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

I was sat about 10 metres away directly in line looking straight at Hutton's face as what should have been a routine clearance in any direction he wanted, turned into a sublime through ball resulting in a goal. The look on his face was that of a confused labrador. I don't go to many games but I feel like I have been an eye witness to a crime.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

He is rubbish, utterly utterly rubbish. I despair when I see people saying otherwise.

Nothing signifies how far we've fallen more  than people thinking Hutton is a decent player, he is abysmal. 

What tune is it to?.. 

We've got Payet? :D

Edited by Kingman

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Lowton wasn't great for us at all, but he did have some ability, his delivery was good for starters, plus, would Hutton, in a million years, ever score a goal like Lowton did for us away at Stoke? Nope.

Yes massive difference in ability. Lowton lacked a bit of pace plus he wasn't the best defender but he was one of the best crossers of a football in the game. Hutton makes me depressed. A tryer but must be the worst footballer we have ever had at villa. 

26 minutes ago, Dick said:

Burnley fans love him.

That’s because Lowton, like Albrighton in the past for example are being coached properly at clubs that improves players. They have structure, style of play, coaching and belief all instilled on the training ground. We for some time now haven’t kicked on and improved as a team nor have the individual players improved through coaching here, in fact some have gone backwards.

• Like 3

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

That’s because Lowton, like Albrighton in the past for example are being coached properly at clubs that improves players. They have structure, style of play, coaching and belief all instilled on the training ground. We for some time now haven’t kicked on and improved as a team nor have the individual players improved through coaching here, in fact some have gone backwards.

Abrighton always had it but never felt like he was a first choice player here . That cross for the Vardy goal with his weaker foot was as good as it gets. 

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Spot on. 

And strangely, some of our fans love the really poor ones. Such an odd club.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Abrighton always had it but never felt like he was a first choice player here . That cross for the Vardy goal with his weaker foot was as good as it gets. 

He was a player who broke through and then went through managerial changes, different styles, and in a team falling apart where he was the hope. We then gave up on him and he has gone on to show what playing for a forward thinking confidence team does.

Â