Alan Hutton

Rich_D

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I completely agree, and I've said many times before. His attacking game is abysmal. 

It's 2017, your fullbacks need to do more than just defend. 

Hutton isn't good enough long term. But he's ok at this level. 

As soon as RDL is back I want him in the team.

In 2017, your full backs still have to be able to defend, though.

Last season he was very solid defensively. Now he seems to have more confidence in himself and wingers like rank amateurs trying to beat him.

Going forward he's not brilliant, but he created our goal. I'll take a Hutton over an Amavi every day of the week.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'd rather play Hutton. Not convinced De Laet is any better at all, plus he's coming back from a huge layoff. 

Yeah the injury thing is fair enough. I'll clarify my statement by saying it's on the condition that he's fully recovered.

But I am convinced De Laet is better than Hutton. I can't really fault Hutton because he usually gives everything, and he's not an urgent issue. But he lacks quality.

I'd also be happy to see Elmohamady in that role at times.

22 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

In 2017, your full backs still have to be able to defend, though.

Last season he was very solid defensively. Now he seems to have more confidence in himself and wingers like rank amateurs trying to beat him.

Going forward he's not brilliant, but he created our goal. I'll take a Hutton over an Amavi every day of the week.

Well yes they need to defend. But my point is most fullbacks don't JUST defend these days.

Credit to hutton for creating the goal yesterday, and I hope he keeps it up. But usually his final ball is very poor and he reverts to that then we need to improve that position.

I'd also take him over Amavi, but I'm not sure why we're making that comparison. They're both poor fullbacks.

He actually played quite well for some time on Saturday, but the second we had to chase the game and step it up, out came the aimless balls up to nobody, the sidefooted half volleys just lofted in the general direction of the opposition half, the total lack of thinking, calmness and rational. Annoying.

1 minute ago, Dick said:

Wonderful player, the passion he shows is incredible. Must not be dropped!

Did you see that 70 yard run? Admittedly he did it all in 3 touches, the second last touch going 30 yards and the last touch a tackle...but that is what I want from my footballers. Passion.

• Like 1

Â