Alan Hutton

Rich_D

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Wow Stevo. The irony here is that you are moaning about over exaggeration. Yet your response to me was littered in expletives whilst your tears of frustration soaked into your 'Hutton 21' shirt.

You are defending the indefensible. He is the laughing stock of this joke of a club. The cardiff game was just the straw that shattered the camels back. Managers and fans like you saying, We'll, he's ok at this level is part of the reason we are in such a mess. We are aston villa. We have been accepting mediocre and (in buttons case) consistently abysmal performances for way too long.

Firstly, I think you should google the word "Exaggeration". I don't think you've quite grasped its definition. Don't worry, it's a tough one! You'll get it.

Secondly, I'm not defending him. Are you deliberately not reading my posts? I've said he's generally crap. I don't rate him. I would rather he wasn't in the team. His final product is abysmal. The support he gets from the Holte End drives me mad because other players who are far better don't get the same.

Do I need to go on? Are you going to bother reading this post?

Literally all I said was he was "fairly decent" AT THIS LEVEL (hardly a ringing endorsement), and that some of the criticism was exaggerated.

How have I been accepting Hutton's performances when I've consistently said I'd rather he wasn't in the team?

Edited by Stevo985

6 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Well, you described him as fairly decent at this level...yet you then say he is crap and abysmal. Which is it? 

What part of your body is the 'I love Alan Hutton' tattoo?

It's both. If you read my posts you'd see. I explained it pretty well, but I get that someone with an evidently poor grasp of English might struggle. I'll try one more time.

He's generally a crap player. However, the fact that he puts himself about and can do the basics to an acceptable level some of the time means that in a limited league, he can perform to a fairly decent level (note: he was never fairly decent in the Prem. He was shit). I don't consider "fairly decent" to be good enough for a team wanting to get out of this league. You'll probably ignore that part though.
Despite that, his attacking play is abysmal, and in a day and age where your fullbacks need to do more than just defend, he's not good enough to be starting for us.

Despite that less than favourable opinion, I think describing him as the worst right back we have ever had is an exaggeration.

i can see by your last sentence that you're basically on a wind up. That's fine. Whatever entertains you.
If you want to answer the post seriously we can carry on. If not then we'll leave it there.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I think I explained it pretty well on the previous page. maybe you missed it or chose to ignore it.

It's not that he's not ready to play championship football. It's that he's made a massive move for a young player so it may be taking him longer to settle than usual, so as such may not be ready to be the starting right back for a team SUPPOSEDLY challenging for promotion.

FWIW I'd love to see him playing more, I'm just not sure we'll see it immediately.

A lot of assumptions. It's a big move but it's been 8/9 months now. He's moved from Barnsley to Birmingham. 

He was performing well enough for us to want to sign him and like I said he's not going to develop or get ready to play by sitting on the bench. 

Ok. No more wind ups, I was just amusing myself...;)

Not sure how you have come to the conclusion that my grasp of English is poor?

I'm overweight and nowhere near the level needed for professional football. However, I run around, try hard, can pass and tackle. Should I be in the squad? With your opinions on Alan Hutton, it appears I should be!

He's clearly someone you don't rate for Aston Villa. Yet you clearly think he has proven himself enough to warrant some credit or value. That is worrying. 

Can you name a right back that has been worse? I can't!

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I'm overweight and nowhere near the level needed for professional football. However, I run around, try hard, can pass and tackle. Should I be in the squad? With your opinions on Alan Hutton, it appears I should be!

Are you **** kidding me? 

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't consider "fairly decent" to be good enough for a team wanting to get out of this league. You'll probably ignore that part though.

5 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Not sure how you have come to the conclusion that my grasp of English is poor?

:rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

However, the fact that he puts himself about and can do the basics to an acceptable level some of the time means that in a limited league, he can perform to a fairly decent level 

Your opinion...defending him. 

Name a right back worse than him? Please? 

Please could you also explain how I can't grasp English?

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I said he performs to a fairly decent level. Then said a "fairly decent level" wasn't good enough for us. This is now the third time I'm writing it.

And then you ask why I think you have a poor grasp of English? Because you can't **** read, mate! :crylaugh:

Worse right backs, off the top of my head:

Micah Richards, Jose Crespo, Leandro Bacuna, Enda Stevens, Habib Beye, Eric Lichaj, Phil Bardsley (when he played for us, granted he's better now)

They stick out from recent memory.

31 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Jesus christ, can you not read?  2 whole pages of him having to say the same thing. 

I don't understand how you cannot read that information, process it and come to the conclusion that all that Steven bloke is saying is - and I'll paraphrase to make it easier for you;

"He's not good, and I don't think much of him - HOWEVER - the reaction to his performance DURING the Cardiff game is NEGATIVELY MUCH STRONGER than normal - and that is something I (Steven) - do not agree with."

I'll try an even simpler sentence;

"I think he's shit, but not as shit as everyone has been saying he is SINCE the Cardiff game". 

one more;

"He baaaaaaad, but not as baaaaaad as u lot say he iz since cardiff innit"

• Like 3

Richards signed as a cb. He played about 3 games as a rb. Crespo played one game so can't compare to hutton. The rest you mention are world beaters compared to Alan hutton. My point was the fact you have given him any ounce or shred of a compliment. I read what you said as I addressed it. Lapal fan...lol. 

Furthermore I guarantee my knowledge of the English language far extends any level of education you have ever received stevo.

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Richards signed as a cb. He played about 3 games as a rb. Crespo played one game so can't compare to hutton. The rest you mention are world beaters compared to Alan hutton. My point was the fact you have given him any ounce or shred of a compliment. I read what you said as I addressed it. Lapal fan...lol. 

Furthermore I guarantee my knowledge of the English language far extends any level of education you have ever received stevo.

You still seem to be struggling to read anything anyone responds to you with, so let's leave it there. You're basically reading what you want to read and arguing with a straw man. 

And lol at your last line :D 

Enjoy your summer holidays.

Edited by Stevo985

6 minutes ago, poitier said:

I had to laugh when he came on as a sub. Comedy genius from Bruce.

Said it in the match thread, but De Laet was arguably at fault for both Reading goals and is coming back from a huge injury.  Subbing him off was necessary tbh. 

Â