Alan Hutton

Rich_D

5 minutes ago, Mammoth10 said:

This. For all his effort and trying (the minimum requirement for a footballer in my eyes) he sums up our last 6 years, the fact that we are lauding a player with limited ability speaks volumes. 

So often his 'efforts' as one of our furthest players forward have caused our poor performance in the final 3rd.

I've joined in with the Alan Hutton chants and the 'Oles' but it's purely ironic, I'm sure others are much the same, he's become somewhat of a cult hero by default. Cheers for the efforts Alan but please move on and let some talent come through.

This all started at half time v Ipswich I think. The away fans cheered his every touch taking the piss. It then escalated quickly. RDL got injured but the cheers continued. Some then believed he was popular and good.  Bruce accidentally played him in too many games and he got a contract renewal. Now he thinks we love him and he won't leave. I'm sorry for my part at Ipswich. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

This all started at half time v Ipswich I think. The away fans cheered his every touch taking the piss. It then escalated quickly. RDL got injured but the cheers continued. Some then believed he was popular and good.  Bruce accidentally played him in too many games and he got a contract renewal. Now he thinks we love him and he won't leave. I'm sorry for my part at Ipswich. 

Was absolutely that half time at Portman Road, those 4/5 keepy ups and look where we are now!

• Like 1

I thought he was great the 2nd half of the season, and on that alone deserves one last year with us. His attitude is outstanding and we should want to keep players like that within the dressing room.

• Like 3

Should we consider selling him or even giving him away to a club (Weds) that will be going for promotion alongside us this season?

Edited by John

Unless I'm mistaken (would not be the first time) isn't he in the last year of his contract?

In this case I'd consider loaning him...at least he can't play against us, and if we receive no fee what's the difference.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's well known that he's on a fairly high salary, that coupled with his age makes getting rid of him a no brainer. I'd really like to see Bree play a lot this season, although Elmo will probably slot in. Either way, we have more than enough quality in that position now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Good move if he's off.

I admire the guy. He's been treated like shit at times here and he's always been dedicated. I don't quite buy the "he always gives 100%" line, he doesn't. But he puts in a lot more effort than a hell of a lot of the players we've had over the last few seasons.

However, he is limited. His end product going forward is genuinely abysmal, and I think we've already upgraded by signing Elmohamady. With Bree waiting in the wings as well I think this is the right time for him to go for all parties. We'll get a fee and he'll get a decent contract for the next few years, which he wouldn't have got here.

Good luck to him, but I think this is the right thing to happen.

Good post and just about where I'm at with it.

He is playing today. I don't think he will be going anywhere, he is on a very good deal here for another 12 months and is very comfortable. Wednesday cannot keep shelling out the money they have done, surely...especially not on 32 year old RBs.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would prefer if he went to another country to be honest.

Don't want him playing against us, purely for cheesy sentimental value.

Like the guy alot.

I'd welcome us facing him, guaranteed bluntness on his side of the pitch.

Â