Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Had a dream last night that he started first game of the season on the right wing (shudder). Agree that he lacks quality, but if everybody in the team put in his effort we'd have finished a lot higher up the league last season. Would be happy to see him leave, but would still look back on his time here with some twisted form of fondness.

• Like 3

Selling Hutton at this point is a huge mistake IMO.

Admittedly he's not the greatest RB in the world but his work ethic has certainly earned him that contract extension.

Yes we have other options. However, Bacuna and Richards are IMO both worse than Hutton in that position. While De Leat started at RB last season and did OK, he's just recovered from a massive injury and there is no indication how that has effected his ability. Bree is 'one for the future'.   

Edited by Supervillan78

5 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Selling Hutton at this point is a huge mistake IMO.

Admittedly he's not the greatest RB in the world but his work ethic has certainly earned him that contract extension.

Yes we have other options. However, Bacuna and Richards are IMO both worse than Hutton in that position. While De Leat started at RB last season and did OK, he's just recovered from a massive injury and there is no indication how that has effected his ability. Bree is 'one for the future'.   

Yes but nobody is coming in for Richards and Hutton should be a back up RB but not on the salary he earns. We should jump at the chance to shift him.

• Like 2

If we can get money for him then sell him. We need to offload players and if he's in demand then so be it.

However, his attitude cannot be faulted considering all the trials and tribulations he's faced during his time here. 

Its a shame there's no interest in the likes of Richards and gabby. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cyrusr said:

but he is a massive reminder of it. 

Always makes me smile when people say this about a player...

"I'd totally forgotten the last 5/6 tears - and Hutton has just reminded me of it"

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Yes but nobody is coming in for Richards and Hutton should be a back up RB but not on the salary he earns. We should jump at the chance to shift him.

I'm afraid it makes no sense to me that if we've 2 players on high wages and one is in demand and the other completely unwanted that we then keep the one nobody wants and sell the other .

15 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

No! "Alaaaaaan!".

I thought he was excellent last season. 

Nope, he wasn't...;)

Put a shift in though. 

Hopefully the days where that stood out have gone.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

As things stand I think he is the best right back at the club at the moment. I accept that Bree is potentially going to be a better player but he is still just 19. De Laet is certainly a decent right back but he is just coming back from a very serious injury. 

I thought Hutton had a very good season. He is probably the fittest player we have and up there in terms our being our quickest player which shows how well he has looked after himself. Defensively he did well and going forward he was often our main outlet. Of course I'd accept his final ball was often found wanting.

He wouldn't be anywhere near the top of my list in terms of players to ship out but if the manager feels Bree is ready to make the right back berth his own and/or De Laet will be the player he was before he got injured and is happy to let Hutton go then so be it I guess. Hutton will certainly be able to leave with his head held high as one of the few that gave 100% week in week out whilst many others over the last few years didn't give a toss.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

No! "Alaaaaaan!".

I thought he was excellent last season. 

He really wasn't. He tried hard and was hugely encouraged by the crowd but he was at very best and average mid table championship performer. 

He WAS great fun but not excellent. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Hmmm ..... longer than that I reckon.

Apparently the Club reckon Terry can do s job and he's at least double that I gather....

You cannot compare a world class centre back who has won many championships to alan hutton 

I'd keep him. Whilst Bree has a lot of potential he has a lot of learning to do. Hutton despite his poor final ball still offers a lot more. He is hard to beat and offers an excellent outlet. At times last year, he would dribble out from defence, taking on a couple of players and easing pressure on the team.

I know we have De Leat, but he's never impressed me and I think his final ball is just as bad as Huttons. Plus he is returning from a long term injury and may take another year to fully recover.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You cannot compare a world class centre back who has won many championships to alan hutton 

I think you missed my silly reference to JT being 64 odd :wacko:....

Getting rid of Hutton would be huge progress. Currently, playing Aston Villa is easy. Mark or otherwise close down the 9 other outfield players and leave Hutton free. Ball makes way to Hutton. Job done.

People keep mistaking effort and blood/guts for simple footballing intelligence. Hutton is a moron in football terms and is symptomatic of why Aston Villa is now a run of the mill championship club.

• Like 2

Â