Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Since Hutton arrived we've been in decline. I know he's not totally to blame but some players are just the linked to failure. It'd be best for all if he left. He only got his contract renewed because De Laet got injured and he hit his automatic renewal number. 

• Like 2

I have never really rated Hutton, so won't be too sad to see him leave. I wish him well though, as he hasn't kicked up a stink and usually tries his best when he plays. I just think we need better players and we are well stocked on that side of the pitch with Bree, De Laet, Bacuna and even Richards :trollface:

Edited by NeilS
typo
  • Like 2

Just now, cyrusr said:

Hutton was signed by McLeish and has played under 8 different managers whilst he has been here and he has also been shipped out on loan a couple of times as well. 

We currently have 4 right backs (5, if you count Richards, which I don't) and that's just farcical. 

I completely agree he is not to blame for the decline but he is a massive reminder of it. Whilst his performances have been hit and miss (mainly miss) his attitude has been always right and that's why he has got the appreciation. That's why when he does leave I will wish him well, but I will be utterly delighted if he sold. A real sign that times have finally changed.

I'd release him the wages being saved alone would be worth it. 

I was curious as to how many managers he has worked under. Since he joined Villa in August 2011 he has worked under 14 different managements (including interim managers). 9 of these at Villa, 2 at Forest (albeit 1 was McLeish for a couple of matches), 2 at Mallorca and 1 at Bolton. Whilst that includes some he has only played 1 or 2 matches under, that works out on average more than 2 a year... 

In fact he has a total of 21 managers in his career to date. The worst part is that he has played under McLeish with 3 different clubs! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Not quite how it works, if you release a player you have to pay off their contract... therefore there is no saving on wages.

But you can set his price at 0 effectively releasing him to join Sheff Wed.  We've all played FM but thanks for the recap! 

Would be happy to sell him

He always tried which is more than i can say for most of our recent players, but ultimately he is not good enough and we now have better options in his position.

• Like 2

Why is it the guy with the great attitude doesn't possess the skill and some of his more talented teammates just haven't looked bothered.

I will never fault any player that gives it their all come matchday  - I would keep him as a championship squad player

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Why is it the guy with the great attitude doesn't possess the skill and some of his more talented teammates just haven't looked bothered.

I will never fault any player that gives it their all come matchday  - I would keep him as a championship squad player

we already have 2 better rIght backs In the squad so let him go - I wiSh him well , for all his faults he at least tried.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Because we're at Championship level - if you get a player with both, he'll be in the prem. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

I wouldn't. Getting rid of this guy without having to pay him off would be a dream come true for me. Will be the bonus of the summer of this move happens.

He will be rembered as a bit of a cult hero. A trier who was mistreated but never complained and always gave 100% and for that I thank him and will remember him fondly. 

He will not however be remembered for his amazing play as a quality right back even at Championship level and for that I look forward to him going. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

My thoughts too stevo. He is 32. Could probably still do a job for a year or two. 

Hmmm ..... longer than that I reckon.

Apparently the Club reckon Terry can do s job and he's at least double that I gather....

Â