Alan Hutton

Rich_D

It's nice that someone thought he was our 'best player' but the point still stands. Long term we'd benefit more from playing someone who is considered a top prospect, who was being linked to Premier League clubs before we managed to sign him, rather than someone who is the wrong side of 30 and not very good in the first place. Remind me what we're playing for again?

• Like 3

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's nice that someone thought he was our 'best player' but the point still stands. Long term we'd benefit more from playing someone who is considered a top prospect, who was being linked to Premier League clubs before we managed to sign him, rather than someone who is the wrong side of 30 and not very good in the first place. Remind me what we're playing for again?

Totally agree, the ideal time to get bree settled is now - nothing against Hutton but this is ideal time for looking at a few players one of whom is bree.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I absolutely hate how he has become some kind of cult hero when he'so so terrible. Some bloke behind me today was praising everything he did, but continuously shouted about how shite Kodjia is. Some of our fans are morons. Ditch Hutton, start playing Bree.

Not sure, but the clue could be in the fact that he has recently been the opposite of terrible?

:rolleyes:

Bree is 19 years old and not the right sided Roberto Carlos.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I absolutely hate how he has become some kind of cult hero when he'so so terrible. Some bloke behind me today was praising everything he did, but continuously shouted about how shite Kodjia is. Some of our fans are morons. Ditch Hutton, start playing Bree.

Agreed, he's utter shit and we need to be playing Bree ahead of him. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure, but the clue could be in the fact that he has recently been the opposite of terrible?

:rolleyes:

Bree is 19 years old and not the right sided Roberto Carlos.

He tries hard but he still isn't very good. He does nothing other than run past the odd player and then inevitably giving it back to the opposition. Constantly getting caught out of position. He's utter garbage.

EDIT: He's not utter garbage. But he's not good either. His delivery and positioning is woeful. We need better.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Yep agree.

He's having a good season and he's looking very confident, so fair play to him.

But quite how he's become a cult hero who can do no wrong to the majority of the Holte End is beyond me. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PieFacE said:

He tries hard but he still isn't very good. He does nothing other than run past the odd player and then inevitably giving it back to the opposition. Constantly getting caught out of position. He's utter garbage.

EDIT: He's not utter garbage. But he's not good either. His delivery and positioning is woeful. We need better.

You were right the first time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've seen people use the 'young player in having a bad game shocker' excuse for Amavi, despite Amavi being consistently shit all season. Bree IMO needs to be cut some slack and needs time to develop.

Agreed.

But Hutton is currently way better than him as a player.

• Like 2

Not clear to me at all as I need to see more of Bree. I've seen Hutton put in a shit load of diabolical performances for us over the years so not enough of a sample size to judge really. Also in this formation, where Bree is a wing back, he's going to get caught out a lot easier as he has to effectively do two jobs. I'd like to see Bree get a consistent run in the side in a back four. 

31 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Bree better? Maybe if you're blind. Shocking defending. 

Except from Hutton's absolutely out of this world amazing form of late (or that is what it sounds like the way people are rawing about him lately) Bree's performance today would be considered an average Hutton performance (if not above average) 
Bree is 19, hasen't been playing lately and is thrown on against one of the strongest teams in the league in an untested and failed back 5, where he recieves no support whatsover defensively and is expected to attack and defend against a team, that have very impressive wingers and probably the best fullbacks in the league. Harsh to judge him like that today when Hutton has had about 4,5 years to find decent form. 

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 1

No one is saying Bree is comfortably better just that we should be giving a prospect a go in the position for the good of his development and our future. Hutton has been in good form but prior to this was consistently shit for us over a number of seasons/ appearances. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Except from Hutton's absolutely out of this world amazing form of late (or that is what it sounds like the way people are rawing about him lately) Bree's performance today would be considered an average Hutton performance (if not above average) 
Bree is 19, hasen't been playing lately and is thrown on against one of the strongest teams in the league in an untested and failed back 5, where he recieves no support whatsover defensively and is expected to attack and defend against a team, that have very impressive wingers and probably the best fullbacks in the league. Harsh to judge him like that today when Hutton has had about 4,5 years to find decent form. 

Whatever his past, Huttons form of late has been very good. We don't concede from his side of the pitch very often, because he simply shuts them down. They routinely got in behind Bree today. 

This would've been one if Huttons worst performances of the year, if he performed how Bree did. 

I know it's cool to hate Hutton regardless of how he plays, but he's been one of about 5 players who should be in the first XI without any hesitation. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Whatever his past, Huttons form of late has been very good. We don't concede from his side of the pitch very often, because he simply shuts them down. They routinely got in behind Bree today. 

This would've been one if Huttons worst performances of the year, if he performed how Bree did. 

I know it's cool to hate Hutton regardless of how he plays, but he's been one of about 5 players who should be in the first XI without any hesitation. 

I don't hate Hutton, as I've said on many occassions, I love his passion and how hard he fights, but that does not cover up that he is a terrible footballer. He has been in decent to good form lately, but all footballers hit decent form sometimes. It's just a matter of time before he goes back to his usual self. Hutton deserves to be infront of Bree at the moment, but Bree does not deserve all the hate he will receive from today, as it was a mental decision from Bruce to throw him on like that againt that team. 

Â