Alan Hutton

Rich_D

If it's true then I'll be genuinely sorry to see him go.

Not the most gifted of footballers but certainly one of the most resilient, hardworking and passionate.

One of our best players last season and totally earned his one year contract extension.

Selling him to a 'rival' is madness IMO, but looks like we won't be missed by many.

Sad really.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why would it be madness? He is on a decent wedge and is a truly abysmal excuse for a footballer.

He's far from abysmal and like I said he was one of our best players last season.

Yes we have a fair few RB's but selling him now to a potential promotion rival is just silly (again IMO).

• Like 3

If we have the opportunity to get rid of him and his wages, and even get a bit of money in we really must take it.

Yes he works hard, but his end product, crossing and positioning is awful.

• Like 1

He's not abysmal but he certainly isn't one of our best players.

He's not going to be the difference between a rival finishing above us or below us.

I'd welcome facing him. Just let them have the ball on the right hand side in the knowledge that there will be absolutely no end product.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

He's far from abysmal and like I said he was one of our best players last season.

Yes we have a fair few RB's but selling him now to a potential promotion rival is just silly (again IMO).

He had a spell of a few games where he looked better but before and after that it was the same Alan Hutton. A complete waste of a starting place if you expect him to even do the bare minimum with the ball.

I wonder now if the ironic chants and cheers at VP when Alan storms down the wing have been going on for so long that people have actually forget that they are...ironic cheers.

He can't do anything with the ball. Take away his effort and work rate ( debateable when I have seen him jogging back) and what does he actually bring? If anything he is a hindrance.

• Like 3

None of it has been his fault, but Alan just embodies everything that went wrong at villa and continued to go wrong. I will only start to believe our fortunes have changed when he is sold. 

IMO he's a solid RB.

His biggest weakness is that for 90% of his time here he's been asked to play as more of a wing back, which just highlighted the lack of an any end product. Not his fault?

I'd rather have Hutton in the team 100% committed than a Gabby or a Grealish who only seem to turn up when/if they can be arsed.

So, no he's not the greatest footballer ever to wear the claret 'n' blue but I just feel he deserves a little bit more respect than he appears to get.

I for one will be sorry to see him leave.

Sorry

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He is playing today. I don't think he will be going anywhere, he is on a very good deal here for another 12 months and is very comfortable. Wednesday cannot keep shelling out the money they have done, surely...especially not on 32 year old RBs.

I think there is a pretty good chance he will go. He is here because of an extension clause, he won't be a starter this season or at least I can't see that he will be. 

If someone offers him decent money and a 2 year deal I could see it happening.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I wonder now if the ironic chants and cheers at VP when Alan storms down the wing have been going on for so long that people have actually forget that they are...ironic cheers.

They absolutely are not ironic.

A large part of the Holte End absolutely love him.

The window lickers that sit next to me can't get enough of Alan Hutton yet slag off Andre Green whenever he touches the ball.

• Like 2

1 assist i believe he got last season. Often gets forward but his delivery is of a very very poor standard. I appreciate his efforts but if the opportunity comes to sell him we simply have to take it.

• Like 1

Treated abysmally by Lambert. But he never publicly complained AFAIR. Obviously not world class, but not as bad as some people seem to think. SWFC is a good landing for him.

If Alan Hutton leaves he will go with my best wishes and my thanks.  He's been here during a pretty bleak time in our history, but remained professional when lots of others didn't and always gave his best. If many of his colleagues during his time here had tried as hard as him, we could possibly still be in the Premier League. 

Thanks Alan and good luck. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I think there is a pretty good chance he will go. He is here because of an extension clause, he won't be a starter this season or at least I can't see that he will be. 

If someone offers him decent money and a 2 year deal I could see it happening.

I wonder does that extension clause only go for one season or is that rolling. He always manages to do enough to not leave :P

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

If Alan Hutton leaves he will go with my best wishes and my thanks.  He's been here during a pretty bleak time in our history, but remained professional when lots of others didn't and always gave his best. If many of his colleagues during his time here had tried as hard as him, we could possibly still be in the Premier League. 

Thanks Alan and good luck. 

Agreed. I am sure if he had kicked up a fuss years ago he could have found a home at a low/mid-level Premier League team, but for whatever reason he was committed to either proving the boss wrong, or proving us wrong. He could have likely stayed in Mallorca after that loan, but he came back and never faltered in his commitment. For a guy that used to play at the highest level and in the Champions League at Tottenham (I hate how far ahead they are now) has decided to stay with us through everything we've been through in the last 5-6 years. I won't miss him much if he goes, but if players were chosen on commitment alone he'd be the first one on the team sheet every single week. 

• Like 1

Â