Alan Hutton

Rich_D

7 hours ago, Eastie said:

we already have 2 better rIght backs In the squad so let him go - I wiSh him well , for all his faults he at least tried.

2? Hutton is not brilliant but cant think of 2 other players in squad who have been better in that position

3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

100%

It seemed to me that the opposition would deliberately allow Hutton as far forward as possible knowing he would 1- fall over 2- lose possesion 3- missplace his final pass or 4- cross to nobody. With Hutton now out of position it was easy to stretch our players either across the pitch or force gaps between the lines.

I cant believe that Hutton himself or Bruce constantly allowed this to happen time & time again.

Have to say you are by no means the only person I've ever heard say this. Even Said it myself too.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 1

"I am staying where I am."

That is the message from Scottish defender Alan Hutton in response to rumours about his Aston Villa future.

The full-back has been linked with a move to Sheffield Wednesday after the Sun ran a rumour saying that imminent talks would be taking place between the player and the club. 

The 32-year-old triggered a 12-month contract extension in March, set to keep him at the club until the summer of 2018.

He aims to fulfill that and told followers on Instagram as much.

He stated: "I am staying where I am :)"

Alan Hutton has an update on his future 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-alan-13283340#ICID=ios_BMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

Always makes me smile when people say this about a player...

"I'd totally forgotten the last 5/6 tears - and Hutton has just reminded me of it"

You're lucky if you've experienced 5 or 6 tears.

I cried 96 tears... and that's too many teardrops for one heart, to be crying.

Too many teardrops, for one heart to carry on... ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

You're lucky if you've experienced 5 or 6 tears.

I cried 96 tears... and that's too many teardrops for one heart, to be crying.

Too many teardrops, for one heart to carry on... ;)

Good Song!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

"I am staying where I am."

That is the message from Scottish defender Alan Hutton in response to rumours about his Aston Villa future.

The full-back has been linked with a move to Sheffield Wednesday after the Sun ran a rumour saying that imminent talks would be taking place between the player and the club. 

The 32-year-old triggered a 12-month contract extension in March, set to keep him at the club until the summer of 2018.

He aims to fulfill that and told followers on Instagram as much.

He stated: "I am staying where I am :)"

Alan Hutton has an update on his future 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-alan-13283340#ICID=ios_BMNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Bugger

• Like 1

On 7/4/2017 at 11:02, Demitri_C said:

Bree, De Laet and Bacuna can all play there, we are covered so let him go. 

Agreed. Whole hearted, but massively limited player. Time for Bree I hope to step up, RDL will probably get the nod though I guess. Bacuna, Richards and kids in reserve. I wish him well though, he acted with great dignity during his time with us off the pitch and gave his all on the pitch. Although if his instagram thing is to be believed, we will have 3 first choice right backs next season. Not ideal. 

Edited by jimcohen

Just now, jimcohen said:

Agreed. Whole hearted, but massively limited player. Time for Bree I hope to step up, RDL will probably get the nod though I guess. Bacuna, Richards and kids in reserve. I wish him well though, he acted with great dignity during his time with us off the pitch and gave his all on the pitch. 

Hutton has said he is staying at villa - see above ! 

Yeah just saw and edited. Shame for the club as it will be hard to keep all 3 motivated and I hope Bree gets at least 20 games. But maybe Hutton will go if he is told he isnt wanted and the club get a decent and fair offer for him and he gets more than a 1 year contract offer. He offers enough at this level for a few clubs to want him I would think 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimcohen said:

Yeah just saw and edited. Shame for the club as it will be hard to keep all 3 motivated and I hope Bree gets at least 20 games. But maybe Hutton will go if he is told he isnt wanted and the club get a decent and fair offer for him and he gets more than a 1 year contract offer. He offers enough at this level for a few clubs to want him I would think 

I think you`ll find he's wanted.

Hutton had a good last 6 months, but we need to do better than Hutton. I would be sad to see him go, but Hutton is not a premiership right back, and he is very inconsistent. Bree and De Laet should be our full backs. 

14 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Hutton had a good last 6 months, but we need to do better than Hutton. I would be sad to see him go, but Hutton is not a premiership right back, and he is very inconsistent. Bree and De Laet should be our full backs. 

do you honestly think Bold ?

would you call, no end product to his forward runs, crossing to noone, awful final ball, caught in possesion, losing possesion, caught out of position and forcing our MF & Defence to be disjointed and exposed?

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

would you call, no end product to his forward runs, crossing to noone, awful final ball, caught in possesion, losing possesion, caught out of position and forcing our MF & Defence to be disjointed and exposed?

Personally don't think he's been that bad at all.  I have no idea how a right back has forced our midfield to be disjointed and exposed.

I also like that the first three points you make are the same thing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Personally don't think he's been that bad at all.

your opinion - thats your right

I have no idea how a right back has forced our midfield to be disjointed and exposed.  

please read my earlier post (terrytini replied and commented)

I also like that the first three points you make are the same thing.

a forward run always end with a cross? even in Huttons repetoire of kicking, a forward run could end in a long/short pass attempt inside or out wide, backwards, forwards or even a wild shot at the corner flag.

Edited by Grasshopper

4 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

In terms of how bad Hutton has been for us for years, the past 6 months were a revelation for Hutton. I don't think Hutton is a great player for the reasons you mentioned. He will run for the full 90 and give it his all, but he is prone to defensive lapses, he can't cross to save his life, and his defending style is pretty much just play very physical. Hutton struggled heavily against smaller skillful wingers. 

Like I said, as much as Hutton is likeable and a "good guy", we cannot keep players just because they are nice. Bree seems to have some real skill, and De Laet was solid in his few matches for us. Hutton should not be taking time away from them. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

This. For all his effort and trying (the minimum requirement for a footballer in my eyes) he sums up our last 6 years, the fact that we are lauding a player with limited ability speaks volumes. 

So often his 'efforts' as one of our furthest players forward have caused our poor performance in the final 3rd.

I've joined in with the Alan Hutton chants and the 'Oles' but it's purely ironic, I'm sure others are much the same, he's become somewhat of a cult hero by default. Cheers for the efforts Alan but please move on and let some talent come through.

• Like 2

Â