Alan Hutton

Rich_D

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

people wont want to hear this but with Amavi poor run of form and Bree coming in. I can see Hutton getting switched to left back

It's not about wanting to hear it.

It won't happen.

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not about wanting to hear it.

It won't happen.

Has played there before, no? Under Remi. 

I wouldn't be 'shocked' but would think Bruce will stick with Amavi. He has already said Amavi will need a good 6 months playing to get back to consistent form. He can't do that from the bench. 

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

A thought occurred to me the other day. 

After the dreadful way in which the club treated him, his continued effort whilst wearing the Claret & Blue is an absolute credit to the man. 

He's certainly not good enough for where we want to be, but I for one hope he gets another goal for the club because it would take the roof off The Holte End. 

ALAN HUTTON

I can just imagine the build up

Hutton wins the ball from *insert name here* (Costa, Aguero, Zlatan...) A quick give and go to Westwood who does a 1-2 with Gardner, dribbles past 2 midfielders, an inch perfect pass through to Gaby who skins 2 defenders with his pace backheels to an on running Hutton who dinks the keeper with a delicate chip.

The Holte End is empty cueing for pies and a Bovril

• Like 1

Bye Alan - your time here coincided with one of our worst periods, in history. It's not all your fault, albeit you contributed somewhat by not contributing a great deal. B minus for effort, mostly, but your job is done now, and Birmingham City would be proud to have you next, make it happen.  

14 minutes ago, smg said:

B- for effort, are you sure ? Certain aspects of his game are questionable but effort surely not ?

B - is pretty high non? I tend to think he has the label 'Mr Effort' simply because there isn't anything else positive to say about him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I know he's not exactly a world beater, but I've always thought he gets so much more stick than he deserves. We've seen far worse fullbacks come and go in the time he's been here.

It's just football fan mentality. It's almost like a Championship 2nd choice right back isn't going to play like Cafu.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I know he's not exactly a world beater, but I've always thought he gets so much more stick than he deserves. We've seen far worse fullbacks come and go in the time he's been here.

I think a lot also comes from who signed him 

Also where he came from

That he followed Kyle Walker

How much he cost

How high his wages were/are

and his performances in the shirt while he's been here.

That about covers it I think!! players may well always get more stick than they deserve but then maybe they garner a disproportionate amount of attention for kicking a bag of air about a bit eh?

Edited by VILLAMARV
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

That about covers it I think!! players may well always get more stick than they deserve but then maybe they garner a disproportionate amount of attention for kicking a bag of air about a bit eh?

I think people mean he gets a disproportionate amount of stick for what he does, in comparison to others players, who also kick a bag of air around. Amavi has been far more of a liability defensively which is their main job, but gets nowhere near the amount of stick.

6 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I think people mean he gets a disproportionate amount of stick for what he does, in comparison to others players, who also kick a bag of air around. Amavi has been far more of a liability defensively which is their main job, but gets nowhere near the amount of stick.

Because Amavi has had a relatively short period of poor form, Hutton has been consistently poor since he arrived.

Â