Alan Hutton

Rich_D

He'll be a hell of a lot more use there than at CB. 

He's our best centreback currently, and has been probably our best player this season.

Edit: realised who I was replying to :D Probably fruitless having a debate about it!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

its rather frustrating when your best RB is put at CB because he wants to play there, when he would be better at RB

bacuna, hutton or even crespo arent the answer to help our right back problem

I think it is a case of he Richards can't play there as his body won't stand up to the rigours of getting up and down the pitch anymore, which is concerning for someone in their mid 20's imo..

Well it is concerning if it were true. Is this just a hunch or is there anything to actually base that on?

he doesn't struggle getting up and down the pitch at times playing CB :)

I think I remember him alluding to it in an interview a month or two back. I will see if I can find where he said it.

Edit: having had a quick skim through, I think I have mis-interpreted a jokey comment made by Micah about being too old in one of his interviews. In an earlier interview back in July Sherwood talks about Micah's versatility and that he can play CB, RB or right side of a three. So I guess it is down to preference.

Edited by NeilS

I like smart footballers and he's not one. Yes he's a trier and a runner but when for instance in the first half he got away from the full back and was in behind their defence he just struck the ball to the near post instead of looking for a player to cross to. Brainless footballer.

Good grafter. As said before Lambert used to play him as a creative option. It didn't work then and shock horror it don't work now, need someone there to feed Gestede, Hutton can't cross a ball for shit. Not sure what the answer is, but its not Hutton.

Well we all see things a different way then. I thought he had an excellent game v Chelsea. He is fine as a RB for us. Hard-working, solid defensively, and nowhere near as bad at crossing as some suggest. He's hit and miss, but so are most FB's including the best crosser, Amavi. Bacuna's a better attacking option, but a much worse defensive option.

I'd get (in order) a striker, a goalie and a winger before looking to upgrade from Hutton.

1st time I ever felt sorry for a player on the pitch, 2nd best player after Gueye today. Kept the overhyped Montero really quiet but he was then asked to be our main attacking threat on the right as well

He was shit! He had numerous chances to cross a ball but he didn't find a Villa shirt, unless sat in the crowd. Defensively he was poor too. I don't blame him for the goal though, 1 v 3 is always going to end up bad. 

Shit? I wonder how you feel about our other players... Hutton was ok today.

Â