Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Lambert played him exactly the same last season, wipping in balls like a winger. He is no good as a winger an shouldn't be use as a creative outlet. How many times I said this last season under Lambert?? Its basic tactics that did not work and never will.

That's the modern game. That's what fullbacks do these days. Lambert didn't invent the fullback providing width.

That's exactly what you want your fullbacks to be doing. Hutton gets in the positions but his final ball is lacking at times.

He's ten times the player Bacuna is though.

• Like 3

That's the modern game. That's what fullbacks do these days. Lambert didn't invent the fullback providing width.

That's exactly what you want your fullbacks to be doing. Hutton gets in the positions but his final ball is lacking at times.

Ohhh yeah, worked great for Lambert last season, so why not carry on where he left off. Does Sherwood not know his players limits.

Ohhh yeah, worked great for Lambert last season, so why not carry on where he left off. Does Sherwood not know his players limits.

Well done on completely missing the point :thumb:

It's not just Crossing where he is inferior to bacuna. It's passing. awareness, touch, intelligence.  And lets not kid ourselves, he is hardly a great defender just a slightly better tackler and header of a ball than bacuna.

there's no way Hutton is worse than bacuna at those things. Bacuna plays the odd great through ball, but in general his passing is poor and his touch and intelligence are terrible.

It's not just Crossing where he is inferior to bacuna. It's passing. awareness, touch, intelligence.  And lets not kid ourselves, he is hardly a great defender just a slightly better tackler and header of a ball than bacuna.

there's no way Hutton is worse than bacuna at those things. Bacuna plays the odd great through ball, but in general his passing is poor and his touch and intelligence are terrible.

Think I lie somewhere in the middle of both your opinions. Personally I think Bacuna is the better player but i'd agree with Jonah that Hutton isn't worse than him at all of those things.

I also don't actually think Bacuna's passing is that bad and what I've noticed in the match threads is that the things he does do well are rarely commented on but instead the negatives get blown out of all proportion.

That's usually a sign of a player who plays well some of the time and then makes calamitous mistakes. The problem is, we can only have one of those at a time, and Sanchez is more important. 

The real lesson, though, is that we need a new right-back. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think even his tackling and heading can be questionable, his only greater attribute to Bacuna is his haircut

Absolute rubbish.

I don't often get really peed off with individual players but i just don't know how Bacuna gets away with even being able to draw breath in this league. The guy is not a footballer. His second touch is   a sending off.

Hutton, for all his limitations, was one of the only players to come out with any credit last season before his injury, I'd even say he was our player of the season, although i realise this is like judging your favourite dog turd sandwich. 

• Like 1

its rather frustrating when your best RB is put at CB because he wants to play there, when he would be better at RB

bacuna, hutton or even crespo arent the answer to help our right back problem

its rather frustrating when your best RB is put at CB because he wants to play there, when he would be better at RB

It's less frustrating when he's been our best player so far this season.

• Like 2

I think it is a case of he Richards can't play there as his body won't stand up to the rigours of getting up and down the pitch anymore, which is concerning for someone in their mid 20's imo..

Richards is so strong and hard to stop once he makes his runs upfield that I think he would be perfect at right back, but as you say he's here to play centre half and is doing well.  It's a shame the Okore-Clark partnership ground to a halt as they showed promise together, and we could play Richards and Amavi either side.

I think it is a case of he Richards can't play there as his body won't stand up to the rigours of getting up and down the pitch anymore, which is concerning for someone in their mid 20's imo..

Well it is concerning if it were true. Is this just a hunch or is there anything to actually base that on?

he doesn't struggle getting up and down the pitch at times playing CB :)

Â