Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Maybe this will seem ludicrous, but I wonder if Albion might come back in for him? I know they bid for him last summer, and even Pulis isn't going to have a back 4 made of 3 centre backs and a left winger forever. Hutton seems like he might fit the Pulis template in some ways. 

• 2 months later...

A right back who can tackle and has some defensive instinct. Is the best right back at the club by a mile.

Allied to this he was actually ok going forward and offered some good out balls throughout the game.

Should be an automatic starter for me with the players we currently have at the club.

He should be our first choice right back. Defensively he is head and shoulders above Bacuna and going forward for me there is very little between them. Arguably yesterday Hutton was our biggest attacking threat and certainly offered way more in an attacking sense than Bacuna did who was playing further forward.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

I think Bacuna would of been better suited to play right back yesterday, he would of got lots of room and time which he needs to get in decent crosses as Defoe barely tracked back. In most cases though I'd go with Hutton when playing against a winger who can track back and defend properly.

He should be our first choice right back. Defensively he is head and shoulders above Bacuna and going forward for me there is very little between them. Arguably yesterday Hutton was our biggest attacking threat and certainly offered way more in an attacking sense than Bacuna did who was playing further forward.

He can't cross aswell as Bacuna, hits his crosses far too low which defenders can cut out but good game yesterday although Sunderland's left was non existent. 

He can't cross aswell as Bacuna, hits his crosses far too low which defenders can cut out but good game yesterday although Sunderland's left was non existent.

Bacuna can't tackle and gets caught out of position time and time again. I've no idea why he is even considered as a right back.

If Sherwood stopped playing a good RB at CB, we wouldn't have to choose between 'good going forward' and 'solid defensively' because the aforementioned player could probably do both well.

I am pretty sure Richards only agreed to sign with us if we let him play his favoured position at centre back. 

Using him at right back is not really an option. 

If Sherwood stopped playing a good RB at CB, we wouldn't have to choose between 'good going forward' and 'solid defensively' because the aforementioned player could probably do both well.

Oh let it go, it ain't happening.

I know but I just find it mind-boggling.

Oh let it go, it ain't happening.

I know but I just find it mind-boggling.

Ok well leaving aside the fact one of the main reasons Richards signed for us was the promise of playing RB.... Let's pretend Sherwood moves him there.

Then what? Who are our CB's? Because for me Hutton is a better RB than Clark or Baker are CB's and Okore seemingly can't be relied upon fitness wise. Oh and Senderos but who knows if we will ever see him again.

So a CB pairing of Baker and Clark? Personally the more thought of that makes my blood run cold.

Hopefully Lescott arrives but if we move Richards that still leaves Baker or Clark in the side unless Okore is fit and personally that isn't something I'm happy with.

Â