Alan Hutton

Rich_D

He's a good player, did well again today, but he should NOT be our main attacking outlet! It's **** absurd. I feel a touch sorry for him that we are seemingly set up to highlight his weaknesses and his strengths are often hidden by that.

Completely agree. Final ball aside he was decent today and despite his deficiencies, he was a willing runner and always looked to get forward (unlike others).

For me he has been our best player this season along with Richardson. Not saying much I know but he is one of the last players I would be singling out for criticism. The fact he is often our only attacking outlet out wide is not his fault.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Maybe Remi (if he is on his way) will stop using Hutton as our creative outlet. Don't get me wrong he grafts, but even with Lambert, its never worked. You cannot keep playing from the right side with Hutton defending then attacking trying to cross a ball which must reach a player less then 5% of the time.

Different tactics needed urgently. looked much better with Bacuna attacking, an even that weren't great.

For me he has been our best player this season along with Richardson. Not saying much I know but he is one of the last players I would be singling out for criticism. The fact he is often our only attacking outlet out wide is not his fault.

Hutton has been consistently good yeah (apart from crossing) but can't agree with Richardson though - he's awful!

Anyone care to tell me where he was for their second goal? It's a complete myth that this guy is actually any good at defending.

Agree. Maybe because he is being compared to a right  winger's efforts. I would play Bacuna everytime, it is not like we are losing our defensive solidity, we have none regardless.

He is terrible, constantly gets wrong side and sucked into the middle. I don't think I have saw a worst footballer with the ball at his feet in all my time here.

Huttons positional play is a liability to the team.

time and time again, he is is instrumental in our conceding.....he was a fault against Swansea and again last night.

we need a defensive overhaul

we talk about scoring, but the defence is one of the worst I have seen at B6

We were on the attack so he had pushed up as thats the role given to him from the manager, we lost the ball in midfield and Davis pinged a ball straight to Tadic on our right flank.  Hutton takes no blame, Ayew and Clark were at fault for that goal. 

We have far greater worries than Hutton.

Which is sad because Hutton is not doing anything for us. 

I'd honestly rather have Bacuna at right back. Both are a liability defensively, but Bacuna can at least pose a threat offensively. 

Decent in defence but a good modern full-back needs to have more to their game. Giving the ball to him is essentially giving away possession.

It's getting hard to disagree with this. We need a new right-back, Hutton can be backup and Bacuna can concentrate on just playing in midfield because he's much better there than in defence. 

Â