Alan Hutton

Rich_D

• 2 weeks later...

Our player of the season gets an ankle injury that potentially puts him out of the key games in a season with potentially massive risks and in fairness huge rewards and there's barely a flicker on this website. Manager doesn't pick an attacking midfielder and we get 20 pages of indignation; it's a funny old game as I believe they used to say.

• Like 2

He will be a big miss for us. In the battles we have coming up you need fighters and players that can dig in and lift those around them. Hutton is one of those players. He will give his all and never bottle a 50/50 challenge and that can inspire other players and get a crowd up. I hope he is back sooner rather than later as we need him.

I reckon Hutton will have problems getting back into the side. The way Sherwood has set the team up, quality balls into the box from right back are essential. Both Lowton and Bacuna have that in their locker. Hutton doesn't. 

I'd like to see Hutton back in for games where we're unlikely to be attacking so much as he's much more defensively able than Bacuna and Lowton. But for games where we have an opportunity to attack I'd like Bacuna to keep his place.

• Like 1

I'd like to see Hutton back in for games where we're unlikely to be attacking so much as he's much more defensively able than Bacuna and Lowton. But for games where we have an opportunity to attack I'd like Bacuna to keep his place.

We have an opportunity to attack in every game  ;)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I disagree, we lost 3-2 at the second best side in the country, where we normally loose 4 or 5, you could argue Bacuna should have done better at the freekick but otherwise he's been brilliant.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Â