Alan Hutton

Rich_D

You say no one is selling that idea and then say Hutton is convinced it wasn't his idea.

Those two things are in no way contradictory as they are referring to different ideas; the idea that Lambert had nothing to with the bomb squad and the idea that he masterminded the whole thing.

Hutton isn't going to moan at Lambert in the press the day after the game.

No but he also never had a bad word to say about him at any point, even when he looked certain to leave.

Even in private after a few drinks.

I just believe both Lerner and Lambert agreed to go along with it and now they've both seen sense.

I don't know whose idea it was either but I don't think there was any change of stance by Lambert on it. He'd have been happy to have Given, Ireland, Hutton etc. all available for selection IMO but agreed to their exclusion for financial reasons.

As soon as he was offered the use of them he took it as far as I can see. Maybe I'm wrong and he did change his mind, but throughout this Hutton seems to have given the impression that Lambert didn't exclude him/them.

• Like 1

You say no one is selling that idea and then say Hutton is convinced it wasn't his idea.

Those two things are in no way contradictory as they are referring to different ideas; the idea that Lambert had nothing to with the bomb squad and the idea that he masterminded the whole thing.

Hutton isn't going to moan at Lambert in the press the day after the game.

No but he also never had a bad word to say about him at any point, even when he looked certain to leave.

Even in private after a few drinks.

I just believe both Lerner and Lambert agreed to go along with it and now they've both seen sense.

I don't know whose idea it was either but I don't think there was any change of stance by Lambert on it. He'd have been happy to have Given, Ireland, Hutton etc. all available for selection IMO but agreed to their exclusion for financial reasons.

As soon as he was offered the use of them he took it as far as I can see. Maybe I'm wrong and he did change his mind, but throughout this Hutton seems to have given the impression that Lambert didn't exclude him/them.

Perhaps compounded by Given being happy to join Lamberts coaching staff for a while despite it being nothing he was contractually obliged to do.

• Like 2

I think Hutton was the best thing about the game other than the win. To see a player seemingly giving everything after the shit he has been through (regardless of blame) was great. If a player is doing well for the club then thats all that matters in my eyes. More of the same please Alan.

• Like 3

At least its pretty much certified now that the bomb squad wasn't down to Lambert.

Yeah I thought that.

Certainly seems to imply that Lambert didn't have a choice.

Which would also explain Lambert's sudden "turnaround" in transfers and his use of the bomb squad.

it probably isn't a turn around by him, it's just that he's being allowed to use everyone.

Very strange situation if that's really how it is

Also funny how it coincides with Faulkner leaving?

Yeah it has to be a conspiracy, Lambert has to take some of the blame because if not then it's one less thing to use against him... Lerner is the boss so it's totally believable that he enforced the bomb squad.  Get over it ppl, Lambert has done a good job considering the circumstances!   :)

I always assumed it was due to wage increases if they played X amount of games, or extra years on their contract and so it was a good balance to ship them out on loan and have some wages paid for while managing potential overall expenditure.

So many of the bomb squad are now in their final years so they wouldn't get any potential increases.

I am glad Hutton had a good game and hope he can keep it up, but I don't really understand why he is suddenly Saint Alan - his previous rubbish performances were McLeish's fault, he is a great pro who just wants to play football and even getting praise for joining in the celebrations when we score.

Would love to know what really went on behind the scenes here, loaning him out made no sense, surely he could have let Hutton go for free if he was told to get rid, Hutton is streets ahead of Lowton as a RB, nice to have him back.

I want to see that **** off challenge he did on Shane Long a few season ago again. I secretly loved that 'tackle'. 

edit: gif'd it

5nIOjeG.gif

That's one player you won't be scoring a tackle goal against my friend

All is well that ends well.

.....as George formby would say " turned out nice again"

And for those old enough or not even old enough - George is the bloke whose always leaning on the lampost at the corner of street when he's not cleaning windows Ok Ok I'LL GET ME COAT!!!!
  • Like 1

That's an absolutely shocking tackle above. Forgot how bad it was.

It's horrible yeah, just look at nzog's reaction, it's almost like he wants to appeal for a red card then remembers Hutton is on his side...

• Like 1

That's an absolutely shocking tackle above. Forgot how bad it was.

It's horrible yeah, just look at nzog's reaction, it's almost like he wants to appeal for a red card then remembers Hutton is on his side...

I can see that it is a hard tackle, but I like players who go in hard. He is not going in with the studs and clearly get the ball. In my book that is a 50/50 challenge and if Shane Long is not up for it he should get out of the way. Football is getting to soft. 30 years ago you would see those challenges all the time. As long as it is not done to hurt the other player on purpose I think it should be allowed. 

• Like 2

Yeah the more you think about it the bomb squad was an odd strategy to address "the finances".

You have a group of highly paid players with years of premier league experience. They cost a lot of money so to try and address that you sideline all of them seemingly indefinitely and then sign a whole group of extra players on lower wages to play instead of them.

Thus increasing the wage bill significantly.

Yeah the more you think about it the bomb squad was an odd strategy to address "the finances".

You have a group of highly paid players with years of premier league experience. They cost a lot of money so to try and address that you sideline all of them seemingly indefinitely and then sign a whole group of extra players on lower wages to play instead of them.

Thus increasing the wage bill significantly.

The bomb squad was nearly as ridiculous as the Mcleish appointment.

Â