Alan Hutton

Rich_D

As long as he doesn't press the self destruct button again like during McLeish's season, he'll should be a solid influence in the back.

The amount of stupid rash fouls he committed that season and mis-timed sliding tackles he could have been sent off a dozen times. The guy was a liability but hopefully he's put that behind him.

Had a quality game looks a different player

That part where he tackled the one player then wrongly got given a foul against him after tackling the other on the turn was top draw

It was a crime such solid defending was punished with a free kick against it.

Very solid today. Reliable and full of commitment.

credit where credit is due he was rock solid. for him to be frozen out then put in a performance like that after being frozen out for two years its time for a clean slate

well done alan that was a proper right back performance

• Like 2

He was excellent today. Why he hasn't featured before for Lambert who knows but the past is the past and going forward if he can continue to perform like he has in pre season and today then he can be an integral part of what today looked a very solid defense. Fair play to him.

• Like 2

I never thought he was as bad as people made out. It was almost like people viewed him as a mini-McLeish scapegoat. He has moments of uber-aggression, and I'm sure we'll see it this season, but he's a decent Premier League right back, for me.

• Like 3

I never thought he was as bad as people made out. It was almost like people viewed him as a mini-McLeish scapegoat. He has moments of uber-aggression, and I'm sure we'll see it this season, but he's a decent Premier League right back, for me.

This.

This.

Yep he was picking up in the latter stages of the Mcleish season - He's never going to to be a world beater, but he's a solid enough full back [at the moment !]

• Like 1

If he keeps this up, then it's probably evidence that he was a victim of AMc's tactics rather than it being a reflection of him as a player.

What??? So Lamberts last 2 yrs don't count?

Such a weird comment putting it all on McLeish

If he keeps this up, then it's probably evidence that he was a victim of AMc's tactics rather than it being a reflection of him as a player.

I think that post was more about the previous negative comments about Hutton. Nothing to do with McLeish vs Lambert. This is the Hutton thread, after all.

I don't remember him playing under Lambert in the last two sesons so the comments regarding the shittiness have to be contributed after the McLeish area.

Â