Alan Hutton

Rich_D

At least its pretty much certified now that the bomb squad wasn't down to Lambert.

Yeah I thought that.

Certainly seems to imply that Lambert didn't have a choice.

Which would also explain Lambert's sudden "turnaround" in transfers and his use of the bomb squad.

it probably isn't a turn around by him, it's just that he's being allowed to use everyone.

Very strange situation if that's really how it is

Can't understand why any manager would work under such interferance from a Chairman? That was never going to be a successful working relationship?

At least its pretty much certified now that the bomb squad wasn't down to Lambert.

Yeah I thought that.

Which would also explain Lambert's sudden "turnaround" in transfers and his use of the bomb squad.

it probably isn't a turn around by him, it's just that he's being allowed to use everyone.

Can't understand why any manager would work under such interferance from a Chairman? That was never going to be a successful working relationship?

Thinly veiled dig at Lambert?

He was doing his job, and what he thought was best for the club, as instructed and I thank him for that.

We are through it now, so lets move on with the entire squad at our disposal.

Yeah I thought that.

Which is why we have to give Lambert some praise for persisting with his job of keeping us in this league IMO.

Yeah I thought that.

I reckon the bomb  squad was the idea of PF. Since he's been given the boot, Lerner and PL have more direct communications and that explains the sudden U-Turn.

Also, I suppose, Bent and Hutton are into their last year of contract now, so there's nothing to lose by playing them. The idea of the bomb squad was clearly to force sales. It totally and spectacularly backfired on us.

Yeah I thought that.

I reckon the bomb  squad was the idea of PF. Since he's been given the boot, Lerner and PL have more direct communications and that explains the sudden U-Turn.

Also, I suppose, Bent and Hutton are into their last year of contract now, so there's nothing to lose by playing them. The idea of the bomb squad was clearly to force sales. It totally and spectacularly backfired on us.

Yn this interview, just "high above". And with this u-turn and him speaking out about it, it can't be Lerner. If it was it would be rather unwise to say that in public. Lerner's still here, Faulkner isn't. Still, just a guess from my side.

I met Hutton a couple of months or so back when he was here in Dubai with his family. Ended up having a few drinks with him and mentioned it on here at the time.

He came across as a nice fella and spoke well about the club - was hoping that the chairman was going to spend some money over the summer. Kept his cards close to his chest, but never bad mouthed the manager once.

I know it's only one game, but hoping he can keep the performances. If he can, then we've got a pretty solid back 4, with Okore to step in too. 

• Like 3

I think it was a decision made by lerner, lambert and faulkner that they all agreed to.  I think the abysmal last two years has made them change their minds.

I seriously doubt Lambert was dead against it but just went with it.

Fair play to him has come in and done well.Seems genuinely grateful to be be playing for us again in the Prem League.On loan he has played well as well as for Scotland so no reason to think he won't keep up this level of performance

Also seems Lambert was not to blame for bomb squad..Randy must have ultimate say but does seem a coincidence the bomb squad returning coincides with 

Faulkner leaving.

What have people said that makes them think Lambert had no part in the bomb squad?

All i've read is Lerner wanted the wage bill decreasing and wanted high earners off the books.  Where does it say that Lerner was the one who decided to create a bomb squad and that Lambert was completely against it?

Now i'm not trying to shift any blame, like I said I think it was a decision both the manager and owner were on board with.  They've now seen sense and hopefully it will help us have a better season.

In China, the saying goes 'the mountains are high, and the emperor is far away'. It's an excuse for breaking the rules in distant provinces. I can't help feeling there's a little bit of the same motivation in the rush to blame Lerner and Faulkner only for the bomb squad idea. Of course it's easier to blame people who aren't going to answer back or offer a cogent defence of themselves. After all, the emperor is far away, or in Faulkner's place, gone completely. But that interview does go against previous Lambert interviews ("I've signed off on all footballing decisions", etc). The reality is we will probably never know the truth about the 'bomb squad'. 

Anyway, I'm glad Hutton has stayed professional, which is a great credit to him, and I hope he resurrects his career with us. He certainly started well the other day. 

All i've read is Lerner wanted the wage bill decreasing and wanted high earners off the books. Where does it say that Lerner was the one who decided to create a bomb squad and that Lambert was completely against it?

I think the phrase "high above" from Hutton in reference to where the decision came from seems far more applicable to board room level than footballing staff. Nobody has claimed Lambert was "completely against it" as far as I can see (this seems to just be a straw man you've created), just that the bomb squad idea wasn't down to him.

All i've read is Lerner wanted the wage bill decreasing and wanted high earners off the books. Where does it say that Lerner was the one who decided to create a bomb squad and that Lambert was completely against it?

I think the phrase "high above" from Hutton in reference to where the decision came from seems far more applicable to board room level than footballing staff. Nobody has claimed Lambert was "completely against it" as far as I can see (this seems to just be a straw man you've created), just that the bomb squad idea wasn't down to him.

Not trying to create a straw man argument, just not buying into the idea that it was nothing to do with him.

It doesn't really matter who is to blame, at least now it seems to be over.

just not buying into the idea that it was nothing to do with him.

Good, because nobody is selling that idea.

Lambert clearly agreed to it, but even Hutton is convinced it wasn't his idea judging by his attitude towards the manager and comments to the press.

Lambert clearly agreed to it, but even Hutton is convinced it wasn't his idea judging by his attitude towards the manager and comments to the press.

I don't know how to quote posts from two different pages, but there's a post from samjp26 on the previous page that says:

"At least its pretty much certified now that the bomb squad wasn't down to Lambert."

It has been liked 4 times. Honestly, I think people are selling that idea. 

I don't know how to quote posts from two different pages, but there's a post from samjp26 on the previous page that says:

"At least its pretty much certified now that the bomb squad wasn't down to Lambert."

There's a lot of gray area between it not being "down to Lambert" like samjp said and Lambert having "nothing to do with it" like DCJ said IMO.

I think from what has been said and done since the bomb squad was disbanded it seems pretty clear to me that Lambert has nothing against the players that were in it and they have nothing against him. That suggests to me that it wasn't his idea, but I still think he agreed to it.

You say no one is selling that idea and then say Hutton is convinced it wasn't his idea.

Let's be honest though, after finally getting back in the team Hutton isn't going to moan at Lambert in the press the day after the game.

There's a lot of gray area between it not being "down to Lambert" like samjp said and Lambert having "nothing to do with it" like DCJ said IMO.

I think from what has been said and done since the bomb squad was disbanded it seems pretty clear to me that Lambert has nothing against the players that were in it and they have nothing against him. That suggests to me that it wasn't his idea, but I still think he agreed to it.

I think we're in agreement then. I don't know whose idea it was. I just believe both Lerner and Lambert agreed to go along with it and now they've both seen sense.

Yeah it has to be a conspiracy, Lambert has to take some of the blame because if not then it's one less thing to use against him... Lerner is the boss so it's totally believable that he enforced the bomb squad.  Get over it ppl, Lambert has done a good job considering the circumstances!  :)

• Like 1

Â