Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Glad to see him back, he was treated poorly by the club for 2 years but he never slagged us off or caused a scene. Played well yesterday and delighted for him. 

• Like 4

If he keeps this up, then it's probably evidence that he was a victim of AMc's tactics rather than it being a reflection of him as a player.

What??? So Lamberts last 2 yrs don't count?

Such a weird comment putting it all on McLeish

I don't remember him playing under Lambert in the last two sesons so the comments regarding the shittiness have to be contributed after the McLeish area.
But lambert chose not to play him, so he was never given the chance to show his worth.

That is true. And that is why it is right to say that when he was piss poor under the McLeish regime, the fans' hatred from him comes from him being a victim of AMC's tactics. The fans could not say he was shit due to the matches under Lambert, as he did not play any.

If he keeps this up, then it's probably evidence that he was a victim of AMc's tactics rather than it being a reflection of him as a player.

What??? So Lamberts last 2 yrs don't count?

Such a weird comment putting it all on McLeish

I don't remember him playing under Lambert in the last two sesons so the comments regarding the shittiness have to be contributed after the McLeish area.
But lambert chose not to play him, so he was never given the chance to show his worth.

That is true. And that is why it is right to say that when he was piss poor under the McLeish regime, the fans' hatred from him comes from him being a victim of AMC's tactics. The fans could not say he was shit due to the matches under Lambert, as he did not play any.

I don't think it's anything to do with tactics I just think a few years back after finish top half 4 seasons in a row our standard had been set high. Hutton was one of those singled out as not good enough and probably rightly so.

Since then we've become a regular relegation contender so it's fair to say our standard has dropped. The simple truth is for two years we couldn't find anybody better so had to bring him back.

So in a nutshell Hutton is a very good right back for a bottom half team but isn't good enough if looking to push on.

unreal, bi-polar villamad strikes again. I was slaughtered a month or so ago for saying what has pretty much been said for the the last two pages. To a man/woman everyone was saying how he deserved the treatment he got

I've been there with you. I'm certainly not "shocked" that he has performed well and earned his place and won't be surprised if he keeps it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-outcast-alan-hutton-4066220?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Bomb squad’ member Alan Hutton exploded back into action and admitted he feared his Aston Villa career was over.

Hutton was exiled two years ago when Villa owner Randy Lerner ‘bombed’ him out and the club’s other top earners to cut costs.

The £40,000-a-week defender could not train with the first team and went on loan to Nottingham Forest, Real Mallorca and Bolton before Lerner allowed boss Paul Lambert to bring them back into the fold this summer.

Hutton made his first ­competitive Villa start since May 2012 on Saturday, and his debut under Lambert, to help them make a winning start to the campaign.

“I didn’t see this happening,” said the right-back, who continued to be picked by Scotland during his two years in the ­wilderness.

“You need to respect the decisions, which come from high above. It’s one of those things, it’s football and it happens.

“Because it was beyond my control, there was nothing much I could do about it.

“The only thing I could do was come in and train every day, keep going and that’s what I did. In my contact and meetings with the manager, there was never anything bad between us. It was just a situation we were in and there was nothing we could do about it.

“We had a word before pre-season that I would be involved. I was obviously happy. I came back, had a full pre-season and was ready to go.”

Hutton, 29, showed all his experience against Stoke and together with Lambert’s shrewd signings of Philippe Senderos and Kieran ­Richardson, he gives strength to Villa’s spine.

Villa still have Joe Cole, ­Christian Benteke and new boy Carlos Sanchez to bring in and they look set to confound the pundits, who tipped them for another season of struggle.

“People will be quietly surprised by us,” said Hutton.

“They shot us down very early. But you’ve see us here and we did well going forward and at the back.

“There’s a great blend. You need to have the young boys, but to have that bit of ­experience is always great. We’ve got a great mix and balance.”
  • Like 1

I was beginning to like Hutton but if he keeps going out and giving interviews like that he'll be my favourite player! Hus character is unquestionable and his talent is also there for all to see. Might have been an inflated fee but he was bought by Spurs for over £8mil and performed reasonably well for them. Always looked better than what we had when he was playing for Scotland

It baffles me that this guy seems to have been born match-fit. Doesn't play or even do training matches then suddenly thrown in when others like Nzog looked rusty and he's up to pace and ready straight away

• Like 2

Comes across as a nice fella. Would have been easy for him to slag us off after the way he's been treated but he just seems to have got on with it. Liked the way he celebrated the goal yesterday as well.

Edited by juanpablo

At least its pretty much certified now that the bomb squad wasn't down to Lambert.

Yeah I thought that.

Certainly seems to imply that Lambert didn't have a choice.

Which would also explain Lambert's sudden "turnaround" in transfers and his use of the bomb squad.

it probably isn't a turn around by him, it's just that he's being allowed to use everyone.

Very strange situation if that's really how it is

• Like 2

Echo the last couple of pages in that he deserves a tonne of praise. Even if he doesn't continue off from he brilliant performance at Stoke, the professionalism he has shown these past 2 years where he hasn't been given a chance to play football is admirable. How many players would put up with that? Some players throw a strop when they're on the bench for a week. 

Â