Alan Hutton

Rich_D

He was looking to take him out there but so what? It's nothing we haven't seen before. I don't know why people are getting so upset about it.

Dean Ashton

Eduardo

Aaron Ramsey

Luc Nilis.

Abou Diaby

Shit happens

Plenty of players have broken their legs under innocuous circumstances

When you are lying in the road after getting hit by a bus, I hope someone says to you whilst you are lying on the ground bleeding out. " Shit Happens."

He was looking to take him out there but so what? It's nothing we haven't seen before. I don't know why people are getting so upset about it.

Dean Ashton

Eduardo

Aaron Ramsey

Luc Nilis.

Abou Diaby

Shit happens

Plenty of players have broken their legs under innocuous circumstances

When you are lying in the road after getting hit by a bus, I hope someone says to you whilst you are lying on the ground bleeding out. " Shit Happens."

But it does, just because we live in a blame culture doesn't mean blame has to be attached to everything.

If the bus driver is going 70 mph after injecting copious amounts of heroin, mounts a kerb and hits me then yeah, I'd be pissed off.

If however I step out from behind a car, the driver momentarily gets distracted by something and he hits me, then shit happens.

Cannot stand the blame culture, it's the worst element of modern society for me, even the worst tragedies seem to end up in court with people seeking financial compensation within weeks now.

In my contact and meetings with the manager, there was never anything bad between us. It was just a situation we were in and there was nothing we could do about it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-outcast-alan-hutton-4066220?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That is why I believe it wasn't down to Lambert.

And you'd be right.

How to explain these quotes then, defending his transfer policy in the summer of 2012?:

"Paul Lambert has strongly defended his decision to sign younger players from the lower leagues this summer and also said he has no concerns about Aston Villa becoming embroiled in another relegation battle, despite their poor start to the season and concerns about the lack of experience within his squad."

[. . . ]

"Villa have racked up huge financial losses in the last couple of years and have been keen to reduce their wage bill as a result but Lambert said at his press conference ahead of Sunday's game at Newcastle United that his recruitment policy had not been influenced in any way by existing salary levels. He also claimed that he had no complaints about the financial backing that he has received from Randy Lerner, the club's owner, who sanctioned about £25m of spending this summer. "Randy has been great. I've not had a problem. None whatsoever," said Lambert."

"The Villa manager made it clear that the strategy to sign younger players from outside of the Premier League was purely his decision and nothing to do with Lerner. "The football decisions are mine. I'll take responsibility for that," Lambert said. "I need to be comfortable in myself and I'm comfortable with what I'm trying to do."

""Every player you bring in, you are hoping they will do it for you. But I know from experience if you don't have the hunger as a footballer, there's no point playing the game. You need that enthusiasm, so we will see how it goes. I know from experience, when you get really hungry players they can take you a long way, that's what we will try to do. I have a great belief that the young lads can do it. I have no trepidation that they won't do it. None whatsoever."

""How do you know that they are not good enough? You won't know until you give them that opportunity. I like to do that. It gives me great satisfaction knowing people can do well for themselves and the team."

When it was put to Lambert that there is a theory that if you keep signing players from below the Premier League, the team will end up not being in the Premier League, he replied: "I had exactly the same question last year and the Norwich lads surpassed everything.""

I'm expecting some pushback along the lines of 'signing younger players' doesn't equal 'making a decision to create the bomb squad', but I don't think that'll stand up. After all, it's not like Hutton started the season, was under-performing and then got dropped for Lowton, Lowton played the entire time. That had to have been planned. 

There may be other pushback saying 'well, of course he's got to say that in the press, hasn't he?', and fine, maybe he was just outright lying to the media. But as a fan, you can only really go on what people say, and he's not equivocating in those quotes. "The football decisions are mine. I'll take responsibility for that."

But it does, just because we live in a blame culture doesn't mean blame has to be attached to everything.

If the bus driver is going 70 mph after injecting copious amounts of heroin, mounts a kerb and hits me then yeah, I'd be pissed off.

If however I step out from behind a car, the driver momentarily gets distracted by something and he hits me, then shit happens.

Cannot stand the blame culture, it's the worst element of modern society for me, even the worst tragedies seem to end up in court with people seeking financial compensation within weeks now.

Using your own analogy, Hutton is the doped up bus driver in the Long tackle.

Anyway, can we all get over this one ill judged tackle the bloke made 3 years ago. If Long's leg had **** fallen off it would have grown back by now.

Using your own analogy, Hutton is the doped up bus driver in the Long tackle.

Anyway, can we all get over this one ill judged tackle the bloke made 3 years ago. If Long's leg had **** fallen off it would have grown back by now.

Well if you believe that he intentionally went in to break his leg then that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I think he went in for a strong tackle, nothing more to it.

Well if you believe that he intentionally went in to break his leg then that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

What the **** are you talking about? When have I said anything even remotely like that?

You think the bus driver intended to hit you in your analogy? No, he was just reckless. Same as Hutton was.

3 years ago.

In my contact and meetings with the manager, there was never anything bad between us. It was just a situation we were in and there was nothing we could do about it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-outcast-alan-hutton-4066220?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

And you'd be right.

How to explain these quotes then, defending his transfer policy in the summer of 2012?:

"Paul Lambert has strongly defended his decision to sign younger players from the lower leagues this summer and also said he has no concerns about Aston Villa becoming embroiled in another relegation battle, despite their poor start to the season and concerns about the lack of experience within his squad."

[. . . ]

"Villa have racked up huge financial losses in the last couple of years and have been keen to reduce their wage bill as a result but Lambert said at his press conference ahead of Sunday's game at Newcastle United that his recruitment policy had not been influenced in any way by existing salary levels. He also claimed that he had no complaints about the financial backing that he has received from Randy Lerner, the club's owner, who sanctioned about £25m of spending this summer. "Randy has been great. I've not had a problem. None whatsoever," said Lambert."

"The Villa manager made it clear that the strategy to sign younger players from outside of the Premier League was purely his decision and nothing to do with Lerner. "The football decisions are mine. I'll take responsibility for that," Lambert said. "I need to be comfortable in myself and I'm comfortable with what I'm trying to do."

""Every player you bring in, you are hoping they will do it for you. But I know from experience if you don't have the hunger as a footballer, there's no point playing the game. You need that enthusiasm, so we will see how it goes. I know from experience, when you get really hungry players they can take you a long way, that's what we will try to do. I have a great belief that the young lads can do it. I have no trepidation that they won't do it. None whatsoever."

""How do you know that they are not good enough? You won't know until you give them that opportunity. I like to do that. It gives me great satisfaction knowing people can do well for themselves and the team."

When it was put to Lambert that there is a theory that if you keep signing players from below the Premier League, the team will end up not being in the Premier League, he replied: "I had exactly the same question last year and the Norwich lads surpassed everything.""

I'm expecting some pushback along the lines of 'signing younger players' doesn't equal 'making a decision to create the bomb squad', but I don't think that'll stand up. After all, it's not like Hutton started the season, was under-performing and then got dropped for Lowton, Lowton played the entire time. That had to have been planned. 

There may be other pushback saying 'well, of course he's got to say that in the press, hasn't he?', and fine, maybe he was just outright lying to the media. But as a fan, you can only really go on what people say, and he's not equivocating in those quotes. "The football decisions are mine. I'll take responsibility for that."

There's certainly a lot of contradiction between quotes and who decided to do what and it gives excuses for all sides to defend or critise certain actions taken over the past few years?

[. . . ]

Football manager in talking hypocritical bollocks shocker. 

There are two options : 

1. The decision has come directly from Lerner/Faulkner - then Lambert might have felt it's detrimental to confirm someone else is taking footballing decisions in a club he's managing

2. The decision has come from Lambert alone - then it's easier to defend the U-turn by redirecting blame to someone who's already left

What the **** are you talking about? When have I said anything even remotely like that?

You think the bus driver intended to hit you in your analogy? No, he was just reckless. Same as Hutton was.

3 years ago.

Well I don't think it was any more or less reckless than multiple tackles you see in every game.

I also don't think it should be singled out, so that's my point/opinion.

And since when did Hutton start driving a bus? Was this before or after the bomb squad? I've seen the adverts on the back of the local buses £348 per week? He shouldn't be taking drugs at the same time though?

I agree with this. If Hutton wishes to drive a bus then that's nobody's business but his. But if he is taking drugs at the same time then he is definitely over stepping the mark.

• Like 1

I'm expecting some pushback along the lines of 'signing younger players' doesn't equal 'making a decision to create the bomb squad', but I don't think that'll stand up.

So are you saying those things do equal each other?  :huh:

Because they clearly don't.

Also, saying the football decisions are his doesn't contradict anything he or Hutton have subsequently claimed. The bomb squad were clearly dropped for financial and not footballing reasons.

I'm expecting some pushback along the lines of 'signing younger players' doesn't equal 'making a decision to create the bomb squad', but I don't think that'll stand up.

So are you saying those things do equal each other?  :huh:

Because they clearly don't.

Also, saying the football decisions are his doesn't contradict anything he or Hutton have subsequently claimed. The bomb squad were clearly dropped for financial and not footballing reasons.

As I thought there would be some who read the comments and defend and some one else will no doubt criticize? It's all a load of spin and confusion which is aimed to keep the truth about who to blame from the fans.

And you'd be right.

[. . . ]

In my view Lambert generally talks bollocks and I stopped listening to anything he says a while ago, in part because this is the sort of bullshit he comes out with.  :)

• Like 1

Hm, IIRC, the actual term "bomb squad" didn't come around untill last summer, not Lambert's first summer. Bent played some games at the start of the season, as did Given. Hutton didn't, though. Zog wasn't around very much but played a few games. Isn't it possible that Lerner or Faulkner (I believe Faulkner) said to him something like:

"You know, Paul, those guys you ain't playing that much, they're pretty high earners. If you're not going to play them I/we'd like to get rid of them to save some cash. So how about freeze them out and try to push them away as we will findit hard to find buyers willing to pay them the same stupid amount of wage? No? Well, just do it!" Something like that.

There has been plenty of mistakes and bucket loads of bullshit from many at B6....I would guess many of us are worn out with blame.

Let's hope we can build on what was a very business like win on Saturday and hope we have turned the corner in having the ability to drive home a result......as opposed the the Lilly liveried futile attempts of the past.

Â