Alan Hutton

Rich_D

We only got to see the defensive side of Hutton under Big Eck, he obviously has alot more to offer in attack than we have seen before.  Is it any wonder he looked shit in that season?  Ireland got POTY that season and he was cack.

We only got to see the defensive side of Hutton under Big Eck, he obviously has alot more to offer in attack than we have seen before.  Is it any wonder he looked shit in that season?  Ireland got POTY that season and he was cack.

A fair point.

I don't get why it's taken until NOW to find out if he's good enough?  Was Lambert forced to bomb him out/is he now being forced to play him?

I just don't understand the Hutton situation at all.

I don't get why it's taken until NOW to find out if he's good enough?  Was Lambert forced to bomb him out/is he now being forced to play him?

I just don't understand the Hutton situation at all.

Am fairly sure that Lerner basically said it was his decision in one of his statements.

It isn't confusing. He is paid way too much and now we are finally realised nobody is going to take on his contract and he isn't going to walk away from it.

So we will pay him and play him.

Yeah but if it's a case of he's paid too much, surely it would have been better to play him and make use of him, rather than sticking him as far away from the shop window as possible? 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 4

Hats off to Hutton - he's played well so far pre-season and looks set to start as our RB this season.

Noticed Lowton played well tonight too - hopefully he's motivated by the competition for his place this season.

Hats off to Hutton - he's played well so far pre-season and looks set to start as our RB this season.

Noticed Lowton played well tonight too - hopefully he's motivated by the competition for his place this season.

This season, as opposed to last season?

It isn't confusing. He is paid way too much and now we are finally realised nobody is going to take on his contract and he isn't going to walk away from it.

So we will pay him and play him.

Yeah but if it's a case of he's paid too much, surely it would have been better to play him and make use of him, rather than sticking him as far away from the shop window as possible? 

This.  Play him, make him look good, make other clubs interested.

This guy has gone from apparently being the worst RB to ever play at Villa and a player that will never play for Villa again to a potential starter for the first game of the season 2 years later.

So in 2 seasons we couldn't find anybody better and we couldn't even get rid of him.

What the hell goes on at this club?

Tony Moon looked good in our preseason games last year i will withhold judgement till i see him playing against better players

Not sure if you know Hutton has a bit more experience in the PL and albeit for Scotland is a full international. When we signed him I was very happy with him. His first season was awful but I blame the ginger one then the bomb squad shenanigans. This is the first preseason he's had to show Lambert really and so far he's doing a good job.

Â