Alan Hutton

Rich_D

If he keeps this up, then it's probably evidence that he was a victim of AMc's tactics rather than it being a reflection of him as a player.

What??? So Lamberts last 2 yrs don't count?

Such a weird comment putting it all on McLeish

I don't remember him playing under Lambert in the last two sesons so the comments regarding the shittiness have to be contributed after the McLeish area.
But lambert chose not to play him, so he was never given the chance to show his worth.

If he keeps this up, then it's probably evidence that he was a victim of AMc's tactics rather than it being a reflection of him as a player.

What??? So Lamberts last 2 yrs don't count?

Such a weird comment putting it all on McLeish

What? Hutton had not played a competitive game under Lambert before today IIRC. I'm saying that today is evidence that he can play very well, yet he was shit for the entire season under AMc, so it's a possibility his poor performance could've been down to the way AMc had the team play - especially as the majority were so very awful that year.

I do wonder why the sudden shift in the bomb squad status. I have a feeling Faulkner had something to do with it for financial reasons. With his departure and maybe with the arrival of Keane perhaps the reintegration of Hutton and Bent has been easier.

Lambert has always said it was nothing personal, he made Bent captain not long before dropping him completely from the squad. I do hope the truth of the situation comes out. After all, if Lambert really didn't rate him he wouldn't put him back in the team.

I doubt faulkner was the man to blame.  I imagine it was a strategy lambert and lerner both agreed to.  After seeing the awful results over the last 2 years they probably both sensibly decided to give these players another chance.

A fine performance today and i was very happy every time stoke went down that side as he was extremely comfortable, CB covered well too when needed to, can't ask for much more than that, as I said earlier 3 points away at Stoke is hard earned and he deserves credit for the win he was excellent, up and down he did a job.

I do wonder why the sudden shift in the bomb squad status. I have a feeling Faulkner had something to do with it for financial reasons. With his departure and maybe with the arrival of Keane perhaps the reintegration of Hutton and Bent has been easier.

Lambert has always said it was nothing personal, he made Bent captain not long before dropping him completely from the squad. I do hope the truth of the situation comes out. After all, if Lambert really didn't rate him he wouldn't put him back in the team.

I'm guessing the original plan was to get rid of all the high earners. One stumbling block would be their wages putting off other clubs so they stuck them in the reserves to encourage them that if they wanted to play football then they may need to take a pay cut and move elsewhere. Now it hasn't worked but we are in a fairly stable position financially, they might as well use them.

I'm guessing the original plan was to get rid of all the high earners. One stumbling block would be their wages putting off other clubs so they stuck them in the reserves to encourage them that if they wanted to play football then they may need to take a pay cut and move elsewhere. Now it hasn't worked but we are in a fairly stable position financially, they might as well use them.
I had thought they had been frozen out due to appearance/goal/other contractual bonuses. So keeping them out the squad would've meant they would only have to pay the base wage, keeping costs down etc. Now they're back in because we need the experience in the team.

I had thought they had been frozen out due to appearance/goal/other contractual bonuses. So keeping them out the squad would've meant they would only have to pay the base wage, keeping costs down etc. Now they're back in because we need the experience in the team.

Freeze them out so they wouldn't score goals for us? Solid idea. ;)

Â