Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Quite a few on here eating humble pie.

I never understood why he attracted so much hatred, a lot of supporters seemed to object to the fact that he kicked Long.For me there can't be enough bad tackles on Albion players.

MOM again today for me, well done.

I never understood why he attracted so much hatred, a lot of supporters seemed to object to the fact that he kicked Long.For me there can't be enough bad tackles on Albion players.

It wasn't about that - he really was poor in his first season. He's come on leaps and bounds since then and long may it continue.

There were questions about his attitude. E.g. turning down a loan move because of wages. Now he's been given a chance he's taken it. Credit to him for that.

Oooh a few more pages in the Alan Hutton thread.... something new must have happened!?

No, just arguing over a tackle made three years ago.

BackingAway-1.gif

Yeah but we need to deduct 2 years of that - when he was out of the team! ;)

MOM again today for me, well done

Poor form dude :(

As others have posted previously, it is difficult to understand the reasoning behind paying a player £40k a week or whatever and then exiling him because of his wages. If the roles were reversed and a player did this after agreeing a contract, there would be uproar. Even now, I don't see what was to be achieved by the treatment "we" gave him, other than if there was a clause to pay Spurs more after a certain amount of games. Why Hutton was singled out for this treatment is baffling.

I did wonder if his return was an indication of how far backwards the club had travelled, even from the McLeish era but he has been a revelation. 2 years in the wilderness playing at a lower level would break many players, he's come back from the cold & imo has been mom in both games. Well done Alan Hutton.

• Like 1

Â