Alan Hutton

Rich_D

In my contact and meetings with the manager, there was never anything bad between us. It was just a situation we were in and there was nothing we could do about it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-outcast-alan-hutton-4066220?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That is why I believe it wasn't down to Lambert.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 4

That's an absolutely shocking tackle above. Forgot how bad it was.

It's horrible yeah, just look at nzog's reaction, it's almost like he wants to appeal for a red card then remembers Hutton is on his side...

I can see that it is a hard tackle, but I like players who go in hard. He is not going in with the studs and clearly get the ball. In my book that is a 50/50 challenge and if Shane Long is not up for it he should get out of the way. Football is getting to soft. 30 years ago you would see those challenges all the time. As long as it is not done to hurt the other player on purpose I think it should be allowed. 

I hope I don't play sunday league football against you any time soon.

It's am absolutely shocking tackle, a cowards tackle and a potential career ender. There was no need what so ever for him to go in the way he did there.

Good game though against Stoke Alan, more of the same.

• Like 4

For the tackle, it was awful but the whether he meant it or not it was far less dangerous than some. It wiped Long out but unlikely to injure him.

As for Hutton and the bomb squad. The only conceivable thing is that it was to cut costs as a result of either an increase in transfer fees due to previous clubs or increases in wages all due to appearances. Which questions how the deals were made in the first place and why you would think it would be better to have players not playing than playing and costing a bit more.

I'm confused as to why Lerner would target specific players to go in the bomb squad?  If it was all about money why not force gabby or delph in there?  Why was Bent allowed to be made captain?

It doesn't make much sense that Lerner picked a few players and made the decision they couldn't play for the club.  

I'm confused as to why Lerner would target specific players to go in the bomb squad?  If it was all about money why not force gabby or delph in there?  Why was Bent allowed to be made captain?

It doesn't make much sense that Lerner picked a few players and made the decision they couldn't play for the club.  

Maybe it was more about who signed them?

I can't beleive how Lambert allowed Lerner to have this much influence over who he was allowed to pick out of the squad available? What else was he doing picking the side every Saturday? Lerner is truly an awful Chairman!

He was looking to take him out there but so what? It's nothing we haven't seen before. I don't know why people are getting so upset about it. 

Dean Ashton

Eduardo

Aaron Ramsey

Luc Nilis.

Abou Diaby

Although Luc Nilis was an accident, but yeah.

The Hutton challenge is disgusting.  In short but simple terms, you don't need to leave the ground to win the ball.  Doing so is only indicative that you're aiming to hurt the opponent.  Absolutely not on.

(He was good against Stoke though).

May not have been specific players but a specific number of high earners that had to be cull therefore Lambert had to decide who to choose. Pure conjecture of course. 

Maybe it was more about who signed them?

I can't beleive how Lambert allowed Lerner to have this much influence over who he was allowed to pick out of the squad available? What else was he doing picking the side every Saturday? Lerner is truly an awful Chairman!

It was never just about money, it was about also changing the poisonously stale atmosphere around the dressing room, remember there were about 10 players in that 'bomb squad' originally and there was good reason to properly clear the place out.  "Root and branch' I think they call it.  There were a lot of very well paid players not producing anywhere near what we were entitled to expect.

At least when we have done poorly since it has been with players about whom less should be expected, and from that group we have kept some  - with a much healthier attitude - and now added others with experience - I genuinely dont think it would have worked the other way round.

It was a local derby

I see those kind of tackles flying around all the time in the merseyside and newcastle derbies 

I see no difference from that tackle to a fellaini elbow to the head or a gerrard two footed lunge

Yes it shouldn't happen but in a game where both sides are fighting for local pride and being screamed at by 40 odd thousand people passions might be running a little high and players may go into 50/50's a little harder than usual

Edited by AshVilla

I'm confused as to why Lerner would target specific players to go in the bomb squad? If it was all about money why not force gabby or delph in there? Why was Bent allowed to be made captain?

May not have been specific players but a specific number of high earners that had to be cull therefore Lambert had to decide who to choose. Pure conjecture of course.

Yeah I think it was probably more this.

In my contact and meetings with the manager, there was never anything bad between us. It was just a situation we were in and there was nothing we could do about it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-outcast-alan-hutton-4066220?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That is why I believe it wasn't down to Lambert.

And you'd be right.

But what's changed now from the past 2 seasons, makes no sense what went on.

It was a local derby

I see those kind of tackles flying around all the time in the merseyside and newcastle derbies 

I see no difference from that tackle to a fellaini elbow to the head or a gerrard two footed lunge

Yes it shouldn't happen but in a game where both sides are fighting for local pride and being screamed at by 40 odd thousand people passions might be running a little high and players may go into 50/50's a little harder than usual

So, er... a shocking challenge then?  Ok :D

He was looking to take him out there but so what? It's nothing we haven't seen before. I don't know why people are getting so upset about it. 

Dean Ashton

Eduardo

Aaron Ramsey

Luc Nilis.

Abou Diaby

He didn't take him out with the studs though, went in hard and rash but with his legs/arse. Not a leg breaker but statement......a nasty one but a statement nonetheless

Dean Ashton

Eduardo

Aaron Ramsey

Luc Nilis.

Abou Diaby

Shit happens

Plenty of players have broken their legs under innocuous circumstances

Â