Alan Hutton

Rich_D

One reason he does my head in (and it might not be fair because it's not his fault) it that whenever I see him (or Gabby, Jedi or Richards...) again and again failing at even the basic stuff I can't look past the wages they're on.

Hutton was on £40.000/week in the PL, after relegation he's still probable one of if not the best payed RB in the league.

Jedi is reportedly on £55.000/week and can't pass the ball.

Same with Gabby and Richards, massive wages, little or no actual skill.

Really must shift this group of high payed dross, they are hampering on and off the field.

15 minutes ago, sne said:

One reason he does my head in (and it might not be fair because it's not his fault) it that whenever I see him (or Gabby, Jedi or Richards...) again and again failing at even the basic stuff I can't look past the wages they're on. 

Total up the wages of all the worst players

Bunn Hutton, Richards, Cissokho, Westwood, Gardner (new contract) Bacuna, Gaby & Kozak

Those 9 wages are probably more than the total of the rest of the squad (25 players)

Disgraceful

Edited by Grasshopper

13 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Thought I'd have a quick search for this, he has one assist this season according to whoscored.com. I can't recall which game it was though? I may have seen it but blanked it from my mind as it didn't seem real. 

Anyway, while on said website I also read this. Says it all really!

IMG_5667.PNG

(Player has no significant strengths)

That's hilarious! Good find, and one assist, way more then I thought he had. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I agree.

I have always found it difficult though to be overly critical of a player who is giving his all as he can do no more and I believe that Hutton genuinely tries his best. The fact he is still considered our first/second choice right back isn't his fault. It is the fault of those who have failed to replace him with better.

I concur. I can't help liking the guy even though he is a bit useless. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Consistantly Shit

Pointing at other players

not being in the back 4 line

bad positional sense

leaves space behind by either wandering out of position or overcommitting

cant get a pass to team mates

cant go past players

cant cross

no football brain

shit at throw ins

costs us goals

falls over

Absolute Shite

Emmm I'm not sure Grass but you don't rate him as a Championship player?;)

• Like 1

Those Halcyon days

• John Gidman
  • Kenny Swain
  • Colin Gibson
  • Tony Dorigo
  • Gary Williams
  • Mark Delaney
  • Kevin Gage
  • Wilfred Bouma
  • Earl Barrett
  • Mike Pejic
  • John Robson
  • Chris Price
  • Luke Young
  • Alan Wright
  • Steve Staunton
  • Phil King

I would put him more amongst

• Gary Charles
  • J Lloyd Samuel
  • Berni Gallacher

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh.....He might look better with a midfield.

Edited by TRO

On 31/12/2016 at 11:24, Grasshopper said:

pointing

I don't know why people bring this up as a criticism of players. It's vital on pitch communication. You mark players as a unit and you let your teammates know who to pick up if you're closing down the ball, or whether you're going to cover the outside or inside as a full back.

I don't rate Hutton, i'm just saying it's been brought up on VillaTalk before and it's silly.

Bruce has said he is free to find another club. I'd hope we get a replacement before letting him go though. As bad as he can be, he hasn't been that bad this season and I wouldn't want to be left with Richards as our only fit RB. 

I can see Hutton leaving for free in the summer rather than going this window. He doesn't really owe us anything, he's been a good (if not severely limited) servant.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, a m ole said:

I don't know why people bring this up as a criticism of players. It's vital on pitch communication. You mark players as a unit and you let your teammates know who to pick up if you're closing down the ball, or whether you're going to cover the outside or inside as a full back.

I don't rate Hutton, i'm just saying it's been brought up on VillaTalk before and it's silly.

its also used as a tactic to get someone else to do the work forr you (a la Hutton/Richards)

10 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I was just checking out who has what left on their contracts and I'd totally forgotten Hutton's is up in the summer.

So that cheered me up a bit.

this is usually when we will offer them a juicy extension :P

Â