Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Does Lambert get any credit for his improvement or is it only negative things that we credit the manager with? He was a warrior today apart from when he fell over Carlton Coles foot and was blessed not to of given a penalty away.

One or two improvements, versus 12/13 who have gone backwards.

Do you REALLY want to go there?

Oooops I forgot, Negativity Rules.  \m/

• Like 1

Tbf, Bunnski could have just said 'Lambert should get credit for Baker's improvement', instead of having a dig, saying 'or is it only negative things we can credit Lambert with'.

• Like 1

So we should pretend all players have improved, just to be positive?

Bonkers.

No wonder Lambert gets away with murder.

Come on mate he's clearly not saying that

But he only needs to check the Delph thread to see people crediting Lambert with his performances. I have no idea why, when people are praising Baker, he had to have a dig at those who (quite rightly) have issues with Lambert.

• Like 1

Ha I'm just sick of all the negativity around here and it would be nice to talk about some positives for once.  We haven't been terrible these last 3 games and have been unlucky to of only taken a point but people are just way too pessimistic to even notice and are going way over the top with the negativity.  I could of worded my post a bit better but I feel like Lambert gets too much of the blame and not enough credit most of the time.

• Like 1

Lambert should indeed get some credit for sticking with Baker when many others would have cast him aside. I think that is one of many small things he's done right. Doesn't make any enough difference to matter to my opinion that he should be handed his p45, but to be fair this is totally off-topic. Simply yes, I'm happy to give Lambert credit in this case. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I see he was back on the bench today.

Good timing as he will be needed to start next week.

In fairness he was playing well before his injury and I'd like to think Okore's pace and reading of the game will cover Baker being out of position when he goes for his headers and wanders out of positon.

His overall game was pretty good today I thought, he's matured as a defender and I think he's becoming an excellent player.

But jeez Nate, that air shot looks shoddy - a shame he couldn't keep the header down from the corner we had to make up for it.

Are Senderos and Vlaar our fourth and fifth choice centre halves?

I thought he did pretty well. We've got to remember that that was his first game back from a fairly bad injury, into a team in terrible form, playing a completely new style of football, and partnered with a guy he's only played with on the training pitch before. Yes, he had his air shot, but he is a defender after all. He also misplaced a pass to Cissokho quite badly. However, we saw the best of him in the last ditch tackle to stop whoever it was after Sanchez's misplaced pass in the first half. i'm still very optimistic about his progression. 

I thought he did pretty well. We've got to remember that that was his first game back from a fairly bad injury, into a team in terrible form, playing a completely new style of football, and partnered with a guy he's only played with on the training pitch before. Yes, he had his air shot, but he is a defender after all. He also misplaced a pass to Cissokho quite badly. However, we saw the best of him in the last ditch tackle to stop whoever it was after Sanchez's misplaced pass in the first half. i'm still very optimistic about his progression.

I thought his missed header in the second half was a glorious chance.

Â