Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

He's is grafter, though he wouldn't be a professional footballer without, I've seen better footballers in a semi pro game. But I have respect for him for getting premiership football, who wouldn't. He is a very very lucky guy.

I'd keep him as a squad member, would want someone of better quality starting next to Elphick myself as a regular partnership.

Lescott, Richards, Clark and any other CB we have on the book can leave. Not a fan of Hutton or Cissokho in terms of full back (sure we are in the championship now but these two in particular are limited footballers) but think we are stuck with both unless Hutton goes off to Spain again.

It's actually pretty depressing to think we will be stuck with the majority of the squad unless we pay them off or by miracle someone comes in for them.

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I'd keep him as a squad member, would want someone of better quality starting next to Elphick myself as a regular partnership.

Lescott, Richards, Clark and any other CB we have on the book can leave. Not a fan of Hutton or Cissokho in terms of full back (sure we are in the championship now but these two in particular are limited footballers) but think we are stuck with both unless Hutton goes off to Spain again.

It's actually pretty depressing to think we will be stuck with the majority of the squad unless we pay them off or by miracle someone comes in for them.

We'll be lucky if any club is stupid enough to take those players of our hands dvin, I think we'll be lumbered with them for a while yet

Bristol City fans and management seem to really rate him after a full season in the Championship. Got 38 games last season so will hopefully have pushed him game up a level.

Chairman Mao

• Leader of the PRC 1949-1976
  • Chairman Mao
  • Members
  • 1,338 posts

ID: 7  Posted April 14

1% chance of Baker staying, Villa through and through, 1st teamer in the Prem and will be in their starting XI next season. At least that's one decent play sorted for them! 

citysimmo

• citysimmo
  • Members
  • 52 posts

ID: 10  Posted April 14

At the Forest Q&A SL made it very clear that we would have no chance of keeping him with Villa wanting to hang on now that he has established himself as a very good defender at this level :(

Chairman Mao

• Leader of the PRC 1949-1976
  • Chairman Mao
  • Members
  • 1,338 posts

ID: 13  Posted April 14

interestingly Villa fans don't seem to rate him much after a quick glance on their forum, probably gets exposed in the Premier League and I imagine is a walking red card, brilliant in the Championship though

That last post is probably the most interesting for me. Be handy to have him back IMO.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/176538-nathan-baker/#comment-2511470

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

in fairness a lot of teams in Championship will be a bit more direct and can see why Baker chosen ahead of Okore and Clark as he probably our best aeriel defender out of them (think Lescott better but he a prick)

alternative is 3 at back with Okore pace to cover the other 2 and would probably benefit us with wing backs instead of overlapping full backs

Â