Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• 4 weeks later...

This guy is doing so well at Bristol City, I know its a step down and should be expected but honestly never thought I'd see him play the way he is playing.

Just now they had a great corner whipped in, Baker did a lot of off-the-ball work and it led to a goal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still doing well at Bristol, they're in the bottom 3 and conceding shed loads of goals.

I'm surprised as they were one of the best teams I've seen play at league one level and I've been watching that league regularly for the last 8 years. They totally outplayed Walsall at Wembley. Thought they'd adapt to the championship easily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Found myself reading a Bristol city forum to see the general perception of Baker. By all accounts he's doing particularly well there - which does bode well for us next season with the likes of Clark, Grealish, Baker, Gestede, Gardner, Steer all likely to stay and likely to do well in that league:-

BCFC Thread here

Always liked Baker. Although not the best, gives his heart and soul. Similar feedback on him as Cahill when he had a year out at Burnley IIRC. (Here's hoping)

5 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Can't believe he would have been any worse than Lescott has been tbh.We certainly wouldn't have conceded the first 2 goals on sunday with Baker in the team.

You're right because he would have either been sent off or went head first into Sturridge's shins. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Can't believe he would have been any worse than Lescott has been tbh.We certainly wouldn't have conceded the first 2 goals on sunday with Baker in the team.

He wouldn't have been any worse at all. 

It would be deeply dumb to ditch a player who is contracted to the club and clearly playing well at that level. 

Those comments on that BCFC forum aren't surprising in the slightest, he always was a blood and guts defender, the reason he gets subbed so often with a fractured skull is because he throws himself head first into everything.

Edited by Jimzk5

Not really a pro footballer for me. I've seen plenty of blood and guts defenders in Sunday league as good as he is, without the injuries.

I have respect for him though. Always thought what a lucky lucky barsquid with his lack of talent to become a premiership footballer. We would have all loved that chance.

Â