Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not really a pro footballer for me. I've seen plenty of blood and guts defenders in Sunday league as good as he is, without the injuries.

I have respect for him though. Always thought what a lucky lucky barsquid with his lack of talent to become a premiership footballer. We would have all loved that chance.

Right, yes. The man who has been playing professional football for nearly a decade. 'Not really a pro footballer'. 

It's a good one that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Right, yes. The man who has been playing professional football for nearly a decade. 'Not really a pro footballer'. 

It's a good one that. 

Pro footballer for a decade. Then as I said he is a very lucky chap. Some amateur footballers just don't get the chance like Nathan obviously

Nathan is very solid up to a point, and at brief times did put in some excellent performances, but through consistency issues and mad injuries wasn't good enough for us with our ambitions ( sad now ) of going higher. The season of regular playing without being dropped as soon as Vlaar or whoever was back available has done him good. I'd be happy for him to be part of our defence next season - having someone already battle hardened to the league in our defence will prove valuable. 

i bet he has had more head injuries then we have had goals this season.

That said, i've always had a soft spot for Baker, perhaps not the best defender but id rather see someone who gives everything in every game than someone who looses 6-0 and posts a picture of his new 1.2million mercedes.  He's still young and he has potential, a bit reckless but i think he can do a good job here

34 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

. . . for the Championship, in which he's currently playing well? 

I think the idea is to have players better than that level. That way you get your team promoted. He actually isn't tearing up any trees there.

18 minutes ago, meregreen said:

I think the idea is to have players better than that level. That way you get your team promoted. He actually isn't tearing up any trees there.

Did you bother to read that thread on their forum? 

Anyway, whatever - we need to 'agree to disagree'. 

nathan is just another one of the villa players that, although really do try, isnt very good in the premiership, luckily seeing as we will be in the championship next season he should do alright, were going to need him.

17 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

To be fair, Bristol's expectations of a good centre back should be considerably lower than ours. Even going into the Championship.

technically true but having seen our centre backs im not so sure they are that far away :P

16 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

Better than lescott and Clark.

Clearly not true. Baker is the worst of a bad bunch. He was an absolute abortion in our defence 

Â