Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

On 19/02/2016 at 20:03, Czechlad said:

I do remember him having a very good run in the side that was of course cut short by injuries. Fans were comparing him to Cahill back when Cahill was on form. 

I'm sure those fans have now been recaptured and are safely back in the asylum.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Clearly not true. Baker is the worst of a bad bunch. He was an absolute abortion in our defence 

He was very good at start of last season and had a brilliant game at Anfield and I remember him having a good game at White Hart Lane when Kane was on fire

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I remember 80 shit ones.

maybe but Baker looked decent next to Vlaar or Senderos more than Clark. Not saying he is the answer but for me he is a better option than Clark in the squad and probably our 2nd best centre half now which is scary enough :lol:

• 4 months later...
On 21/02/2016 at 17:50, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, he was. Prior to last season he was undeniably pretty poor. But he was much better last year, and is clearly playing well this year. 

I'd like to third this. I'm quite looking forward to having him back in the squad. Elphick, Okore, Baker is a decent start. 

I'd sack the other 3 off and sign another given the choice. Baker is most definitely worth giving a go as 3rd or 4th choice. At the very least he will put his face on the line every week. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think Okore and Baker would be too accident prone and lacking in leadership. As a regular starting pairing anyway. 

both are quite injury prone as well that be surprised get a full 90 minutes between the 2 especially Baker

• Like 1

On 30/06/2016 at 08:38, rjw63 said:

So, is The Beard returning to B6 or what?

Its his only redeeming feature. Without the beard he can feck off. 

Â