Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Thought he was unlucky with his effort against West Ham.  There was cluster of players around him and he controlled it nicely with his right foot and was brave enough to hit it with his left foot.

In that high pressure situation, alls you can really ask of him is to hit the target, and he did.

Had it have been Messi though, he'd have probably rolled it into the corner, rather than the unpredictable power he put into it.

Bit more composure there and we'd have been 1-0 up.

That said, had West Ham had composure, they'd have been 3-0 up :D

• Like 2

.....another no good enough

Our top scorer is not good enough. Some posters wouldn't even be happy if we had Aguero and Benteke as strikers. 

I would understand if Weimann had banged in even a moderate 25 goals in the last two seasons, but he hasn't. He has about 12 or 13? And he often can't control the ball, so whether he's good enough is up for debate. As we're absolute shit at the moment, I don't mind him being at the club personally.

I would be happy with Aguero if he was our striker, I think most would you big silly. However, if he miscontrolled it as often as Weimann does, I'd probably criticize him after two years.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

i'm a huge fan of andi from way back when he was coming through the ranks - having said that, it always amazes me that he has come through and forged a career in the premier league with the way players have developed. as a striker he isn't one to strike fear into oppositions - he's not big, lightning fast or with exceptional touch that is likely to turn a game....

what he is is a good honest footballer who plays with heart and will always give 110% on the field - he has a strikers eye and an uncanny way of getting into the right place at the right time, but he doesn't have the ability to finish like say DB9 in his prime...

in my mind, when his confidence is high, he starts as he's going to cause mischief and is likely to nab a goal for us... however, I don't think that he's always a starter, and for me, i'd have liked to see him rotated more last season when he was struggling to give others an opportunity...

if we're playing him out wide, or in a no 10 position, there are a number who could play there, and may make a difference - cole, Richardson, grealish, zoggy etc...

.....another no good enough

Our top scorer is not good enough. Some posters wouldn't even be happy if we had Aguero and Benteke as strikers.

We haven't won in 7 games. We've scored 1 goal in that run and have scored 5 all season. Our form at home has past embarrassing and is almost beyond the point of repair. We very rarely string 3/4 passes together, certainly not forward ones and we very rarely muster any form of chance/shots at goal. Our defence leaks goals in addition to this making us IMO, up there with the worst teams ever to play in the premier league.

Sometimes it's time to face facts that the vast majority of players we have are far from good enough.

The fact that weimann (who is my fave player incidentally) is our leading goalscorer with a pathetic 3 goals doesn't make him good enough for this level and to claim, we wouldn't be happy with Aguero, arguably the top striker in the league who looks likely to score everytime he gets the ball is, well, laughable in all honesty.

Our players are garbage. That's not being negative or unfair. It's there for all to see and is as factual as your likely to get in football.

• Like 1

Our top scorer 

...with 3 goals in 12 appearances!

Which is pretty good considering he is playing wide and we have the worst attacking stats in the PL this season.

At the very least that means he's part of the problem, not the solution.

Not good enough by a long way. Even poor strikers score goals occasionally, Weimann is a poor striker. He gets more plaudits for what he does without the ball than what he does with it.

Edited by poitier

I'm pretty sure plenty of people would be happy if we had Aguero and Benteke as our strikers.

Doubt it would make much difference, we still wouldn't create any chances. 

Our top scorer 

...with 3 goals in 12 appearances!

Which is pretty good considering he is playing wide and we have the worst attacking stats in the PL this season.

At the very least that means he's part of the problem, not the solution.

Even if you actually believe that, unless you have a spare billion to invest, we'll still be replacing one or two players a transfer window, so he's clearly a million miles from being a priority. 

Â