Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I disagree. Before this season Weimann in the league has got 18 goals in 103 games (less than 1 in goal in every 5 games) and Bent 153 goals in 390 games (better than 1 goal in every 3 game).  Therefore to say no-one else can achieve that doesn't seem right to me.

Weimann deserves to keep his place though and is going to be vital in the next few games while the beast is out.

That's the reason he's my favourite player. Unfortunately, he's been poor for the last year or so. Was better today tho

I havn't got a favourite player....I will keep my powder dry for when i see one.lol :(

I'm just a grumpy old git now.

Edited by TRO

I disagree. Before this season Weimann in the league has got 18 goals in 103 games (less than 1 in goal in every 5 games) and Bent 153 goals in 390 games (better than 1 goal in every 3 game).  Therefore to say no-one else can achieve that doesn't seem right to me.

Weimann deserves to keep his place though and is going to be vital in the next few games while the beast is out.

Fair enough, but it's worth pointing out that many of Weimann's appearances were from the bench (a much higher proportion than Bent anyway). Weimann has also played his entire PL career in a bottom half team. I wouldn't dispute that Bent in his prime was a far better goalscorer than Weimann, but you go to battle with the strikers you have not the ones you wish you had. Bent could well never score another Premier League goal again.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter what Bent has done in the past, we are in the now and that fat **** is finished.

• Like 1

Weimann as a lone striker is a no-no, he just doesn't have the attributes to play that role. Gabby does, despite his current form, and I would have him over Weimann in that role.

Bent doesn't come into the equation anywhere for me.

Can't believe people would play Gabby given his woeful form.

Weimann yes deserves to play as does Bent - our most proven goalscorer outside of Benteke.

I really don't see how you can say that Bent 'deserves' to play - certainly not based on current performances.

That's the reason he's my favourite player. Unfortunately, he's been poor for the last year or so. Was better today tho

I havn't got a favourite player....I will keep my powder dry for when i see one.lol :(

No I know what you mean. I don't have them like I used to tbh. Was obsessed with savo and juan Pablo. Thought I would be absolutely wounded if/when ash young left but it didn't really bother me.

No I know what you mean. I don't have them like I used to tbh. Was obsessed with savo and juan Pablo. Thought I would be absolutely wounded if/when ash young left but it didn't really bother me.

seen a goals roundup on sky recently featuring Dwight Yorke....I don't think i really gave him the credit he deserved when he played for us....such a complete player.

we are light years away from that now

Weimann has lots of enthusiasm and effervescence, but lacks positional sense and composure.

That's basically how I feel as well. As to him playing as a 'lone striker', I agree it's hardly ideal, which is why I think we'll need to play with midfielders pushed up close to him, rather than leaving a giant gap as usual. N'Zogbia, Cole and Grealish could all play fairly close to him. 

I'm gonna open a can of worms and say that I like Weimann and hope he stays. Think he's a good striker hampered by terrible tactics, formation and coaching

I like him too. Would like to see him coached out of the panic decisions he seems to make when in space or presented with multiple options.

Â