Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Wiemanns strengths are his movement, which is, I believe intelligent and he's alright at sticking it in the onion bag most of the time, when he gets the chance. 

So, to me, playing him as a right-sided forward in a narrow front 3 is pretty criminal.

We need to play Wiemann and Benteke up front.

With Gabby playing wide.

We need width so badly, it's untrue.  That's the thing you can throw at Lambert.

Agree with this, apart from I think someone else instead of Agbonlahor, who needs to be dropped to give him a reality check.

Had a really good game today apart from looking like he was going to hit the ref after another decision went against him.

On the other hand I loved his spirit. He really gives his all.

And great finish!

Their first was all Gabby.

Edited by AVTuco

Not a fan either these days but put a serious shift in.

To be fair to him, he always puts a shift in.

Even the games where he's crap, you can't fault his effort. Always runs his socks off.

Not a fan either these days but put a serious shift in.

To be fair to him, he always puts a shift in.

Even the games where he's crap, you can't fault his effort. Always runs his socks off.

Yes and thats the reason I prefer him to Gabby. 

---------------- Weimann ----------------

- Grealish/Gabby ----- N'Zogbia/Richardson -

For the next few games please.

No thanks. Wide midfielders are a bit of a waste for us at the moment. You look at the bulk of crosses we get in and they're from the full backs. The wide lads aren't actually contributing much at all. I'd much rather see Andi up front on his own with someone behind him, and then 4 across the middle of the park going wide when needed and narrow when needed (which would be most of the time). As much as I love wingers in football, we're not set up to make even the slightest use from them, so why waste 2 players in the winger/wide forward positions?

Edited by P3te

He deserves a run through the middle with Benteke out for 3. We won't though, we'll play Gabby who has none of the qualities of someone who should play centrally.

Agree, he has to be played through the middle. In every game really - he's so much more effective there - but especially now Benteke is out. Ultimately, you have to look around the squad and say 'who, over a season, is capable of scoring 10-15 goals in the league, apart from Benteke'? And whether people 'like' or 'rate' Weimann or not, there is no-one else who can achieve that, whereas he could. 

Â