Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Someone on here said last week that you could argue that PL has done his job.Removed the big earners, stripped it right down, and put the framework of a reasonable team , with minimal investment.

I think that is partially true, but for us to move up we need to replace Weimann, N'Zog, Gabby.We offered nothing going forward today, and despite having a man sent off, wasn't too uncomfortable defensively, but we haven't got much options in forward positions.Weimann tries, and works hard, and will get you the odd goal, but hes not quality, nor is Gabby, and nor is N'Zog, and the jury is out on Cleverley.

If we want to challenge for Europe then we need at least 2 new attacking players, and thats before we sell CB.

I got shot down on here 2 years ago by suggesting we need to replace Gabby and Weimann, i think its fairly obvious now.

I actually agree...on those 3 and possibly the fourth.

their level of consistency is simply no where near the required standard.

Edited by TRO

That that touch in the centre circle surrounded by no one :crylaugh: 

Then the toe out of play under absolutely no pressure :crylaugh:

He's a shambles. He can't control the ball, and has never been able to. So much work to do.

• Like 2

A reactionary player. Has no technical skill or ability what so ever bare in mind he is a professional who has played & trained with the best coaching & facilities everyday from a young age but some how does not have these basic skills. Not good enough

• Like 1

How can he be awful, he was only on the pitch 12 minutes. 

That is what worries me, he was on the pitch for very little time yet still stood out as our worst player. His touches, his passes and his awareness were absolutely dire. He pretty much tackled himself in the middle of the pitch at one point, even cleared the ball out of play too. 

Its so funny that the team loose and we blame a player who is on the pitch for 12 minutes., Remember last season when he came off the bench and made  an impact. I blame Lambert for not giving him enough time. 

Did anybody blame him for the loss? 

He just has not progressed technically at all. He could sort of get away with it in 12/13 as it was his first regular season in the PL and his goalscoring was good but two years down the line I'd expect him to run and control the ball a bit better.

Good squad player, not good enough to be a starter. We need much better out wide.

Â