Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Stood out for me today. Dropped deep to pick up the ball and came back to cover a lot too. I've criticised him a lot recently but couldn't fault him today. Just wish he'd play like that more often.

Edited by Ginko

4 goals and 1 assist in his last 6 premier league games.

Is it 3 GWGs?

Really happy Andi did so well today. He works very hard, so he deserves it. Our most important player so far, along with our whole defense.

The word "fickle" springs to mind.

It doesn't help that he is one of the most inconsistent players ever

As a regular Weimann defender, I have to say that he isn't really THAT inconsistent when he's played as a striker and not as a winger. In fact, in those games, his scoring record compares pretty well with other strikers from outside of the Sky 7. He's not great all the time, sure, but he's a good and important player. 

• Like 2

I quite liked his corners too.

Took him a while to know where to place the ball though  :D

That was so weird - I was thinking - whaaaat!

I was convinced he couldn't see the corner flag and was going to be tackled by it. But, worst corner of the day award goes to Tom Huddlestone lol

Y'know, the thing I liked the most about his performance today was his defensive work.  Obviously he scored, but there were a number of occasions when he got back quickly to cover.  I remember once when <Hull player> beat Cissokho down our left and Weimann came in behind to cover up.  Cissokho and him high fived afterwards.

Was just everything you want to see on a pitch; determination, work ethic, team spirit and, on a personal note, he bagged himself a goal and an assist too.  Much better day at the office for Andi.

Â