Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

MOTM match for me today, best I've seen him play in a good long time.

Lot of people saying he took up good positions and that's def true, however he always does that his movement has always been good.

Problem has been last season whenever he got fed the ball in these good spots his first touch was so bad he almost always gave it away. He didn't do that today and was back to looking like the Andi of year before. Moving the ball quickly, working relentlessly, linking well and looking a threat in front of goal.

I said to my old man about 5 mins before his goal that he deserved one today so I'm chuffed for him that it came off. If he can keep this up it will be a massive bonus for us I wasn't expecting.

Whilst I'm never confident when he is in possession: 3 games, 2 goals, 1 assist - can't argue with that!

That's his problem when he plays out wide. Messing up our attacking, losing the ball in key situations. Newcastle game being a prime example.

As a striker though, he isn't leading our attacks. He's finishing them! Something he is very good at.

Play him as a striker and we wil see a different Weimann.

• Like 1

Still not sure how Hull afforded him so much time and space in the box for his goal, he had all the time in the world to take a touch, steady himself, pick his spot, and just pass it into the net. No one near him.

He played very well today and I was glad to see his hard work rewarded. He definitely looks leaner, fitter and quicker than last season too. Keep it up, Andi! Top scorer.

He's lost a fair bit of bulk and looks all the better for it. Sharper, quicker, less clumsy. Cannot argue with his production so far. Has either scored or assisted all of our goals so far.

I also thought that yesterday. He does seem to be a lot leaner. In the 1st half he was my MOTM. He made some great runs and was constantly harrying.

Unsurprisingly he ran out of steam in the 2nd.

• 2 weeks later...

No Ashley Westwood???? ;)

Well done Andreas. Hopefully will rediscover his form of 2 seasons back.

How is that relevant/necessary?

Because if a player isn't nominated for player of the month he must be shit? Probably something like that.

Â