Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He will 100% be part of hodgsons squad, he can play 10 games all year and be in hodgsons squad, he plays for a media darling club, that is how England have operated for as long as I can remember

I think he'll play for Man City, he's better than fernando and out of the line up today depending on how much they want to tinker with the formation they could easily drop naval too, my argument about his ability wouldn't be that he isn't good enough to get games there, it would definitely be that he's not good enough to get Man city where they want to go, consistency in the league and out of the group stages in the CL, delph isn't going to help them with that

• Like 2

Even if he were worse than Fernando and Navas, he'd still get games. There's a homegrown player quotient, and Man City have deservedly earned themselves a reputation as a club that breaks and buries English talent by leaving it to rot in the reserves. Players know this - it was famously one of the reasons why Delph changed his mind 10,000 times about going there. They need to lose this reputation, quick, or the only English players they will be able to sign are players like that Roberts guy who's nowhere near ready for regular first-team action. City's previous actions make Delph more likely to play, not less. 

City will have 60 games this year, he'll start 15-20 easy by default. Fernandinho looks to have sorted himself out per his Chelski performance, so Delphines chance of locking down a first team spot has dropped, pity they've got luxury seats on the bench these days!

With Yaya looking hungry again and Fernandinho looking back to his energetic best...might be a lean season for him.

To be fair he said he moved to city for family reasons not footballing ones.

I think he might regret it when he misses out on the squad for the Euros.

Â