Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

He is developing as a player under lambert

Yeah people will probably say that is the only reason.

I always had faith in Delph, but the injuries **** his initial development. Just like the case with many other very talented footballers.

Delph is starting to flourish because he can play every week instead of playing once and then spending three months on the sidelines with reoccurring trouble.

Reputations falter immediately when players are injured, they cannot do anything about it, other than staying injury-free of course. That is his task now, his talent is undoubted, but his injury record is crap and I just hope for him that he stays fit the next few seasons. The Premier League is littered with outstanding talent that never was, from Anderson at Man Utd to Diaby at Arsenal and so on. Other examples are of course Joe Cole and Kieran Dyer, but they are more or less finished with their careers anyway.

Delph regained his crown as interception king from El Ahmadi tonight. 4 interceptions and 5 tackles.

I liked the way at times he dribbled out of trouble to create space in midfield.

However, when he dribbled out of trouble he got a simple pass away and that was sweet because he took the simple ball. But when his dribbles were deliberate attacking moves I think he got dispossessed or misplaced the pass at the end of it every time.

What's the difference? He tries to do too much himself. He's not dribbling 40 yards and passing the ball back to Guzan anymore but he is obviously over-complicating it. It's stopping him being an attacking force.

If Delph could dribble and then release effectively then he would link midfield and attack better than any other midfielder we have.

He got caught out a few times yesterday but it was usually whilst trying something positive , i.e. a forward pass or trying to take someone on, which for me was a great sign . He'll be a Holte End hero in no time at all I'm certain.

From page 40 of this thread which is well over 2 years ago.(Nice post from Richard at the top of that page too)

Took longer than I thought mind you.

He's really really good. Him in midfield, Benteke up top and (hopefully) Okore at the back is looking like a really strong spine.

Agree, it's looking good. Still want that killer pass from delph rather than dribbling so much. Pass a couple (like he did consistently against Chelsea) then release. Okore looks very good imo, and Vlaar looked better on the left side of defence too.

Finally looks like he has the confidence to play his natural game. I think that due to the all the injures he had he wanted it to play it safe and not risk anything but now he has been injury free for a while his talent is finally starting to show. If he keeps this up he should be on the plane to Brazil but Woy will probably pick Jordan Henderson instead.

• Like 1

Thought he was given a hard time over the last 18 months on here. Maybe settling down rather than trying too hard after the injuries? Haven't seen him play this year so hard to say.

Bought his 16 shirt when he first came and thought he could be one hell of a player. Hope this isn't a flash in the pan and he keeps it up.

I am loving Delph for the sheer reason that he is making me eat my own words. It wasn't to long ago when I was convinced Delph had to leave and Bannan was the better option in our team. Oh how he's proved me wrong. Dlelph was nothing short of magnificent today and he made Ramires look ordinary at times today. He was an animal. He is fast becoming the player we all wanted him to be, I'd like to see a few goals from him this year, I think thats the next step up.

Â