Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

People seem to forget how much a sever injury can set you back, yet alone two in a row. Add half a dozen small ones on top of that. 
First of all it completely hinders your development, secondly it affects your confidence. A player without belief in his own ability will never shine. Not to mention he returned from a severe injury under McLeish, who never would have gotten the best out of him to begin with, regardless of his injury history. He never really got to go on a proper consecutive run until Lambert got here. I'm glad that Lambert is our manager and not us fans, who have a tendency to write players off far to quickly.

I'm glad that Lambert is our manager and not us fans, who have a tendency to write players off far to quickly.

I agree, like KEA. On another site before the Arsenal game +75% said no to KEA in general, now closer to 55% Some people said he was terrible in pre-season clearly missing his 2 assists and build up play for the opener against Crewe, and his composed play that was part of a team 3-0 up within half an hour against CL QFs Malaga

I'm glad that Lambert is our manager and not us fans, who have a tendency to write players off far to quickly.

I agree, like KEA. On another site before the Arsenal game +75% said no to KEA in general, now closer to 55% Some people said he was terrible in pre-season clearly missing his 2 assists and build up play for the opener against Crewe, and his composed play that was part of a team 3-0 up within half an hour against CL QFs Malaga

You do know there's a whole thread for KEA?

Why are you talking about him in here?

• Like 2

important thing for delph is stay injury free this season and play a  lot of games. he's obviously getting his confidence back, he has all the technical elements required to be a very good player, defensively and in attack. 30+ games this season and hopefully he'll be expressing himself more and making less mistakes. if that happens he'll be a very tidy player indeed.

Off the ball i think he's our most important player. Does so much work to pressurise the opposition and i think a lot of people only notice that when he's not there. If he manages to get what i expect of at least five goals this season (along with westy) i think they could both be on the fringes of the England squad...

Has improved yes but was starting from a very low point anyway. Still not convinced that he is actually good enough and if he is on the fringes of the England team then i would suggest that is more down to a dearth of quality available than anything else. 

• Like 2

I can compare Ramires to Mata.

Mata is better.

I can compare Delph to Bannan.

Delph is better.

But let's not derail another thread with Bannan. This is about Delph.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

You're being ridiculously unfair on a player who, until last season, never had a pre longed run in the run. Lo and behold, he gets a run and is one of our best players in the run in and one of, if not, the best player on the pitch in a opening day win AT arsenal.

Being a devils advocate is fine, but basing a whole forum persona on that concept is a tad odd.

Â