Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Depends on the game, we'll have more than two tactics but if it was me:

1) If we're up against it, having to defend a lot, likely against a top 6 team, my first choice would be:

Sylla

Westy        Delph

2) If we're controlling the game, against teams similar to us, or looking to claw back a goal/snatch a winner/equaliser:

Westy         Delph

New AM

But Westy and Delph are the lynchpins for me at the moment, going to be interesting to see how the likes of Bacuna, Gardner, Sylla and KEA compete with each other and any new midfielder this season. I would say Delph has already turned it up as a direct result of increased competition this season. 

To think I gave up on Delph a year or so ago. What a moron.

Fair play to a mate of mine. He saw whatever Houllier did from an early stage and never have up. Fantastic raw talent, great passing range, that ability to sniff the ball out and retain control even when it looks lost.

Delighted he's worked out.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

great passing range

Has that been demonstrated yet?

There is no way on current form I'd drop Delph from the three to accommodate a more attacking player. We need to be realistic though, as to what he contributes. He offers more than enough as an interceptor, tackler, dribbler to warrant a place in the England side let alone the Villa team (on current form).

back onto delph, plenty of praise on here, cant find any footage except from leeds days of him playing well, which doesnt really say much considering it was ages ago

delph, westwood and sylla do seem to play very well, but theres no attack from them, but however if you needed to bring in an attacking midfielder to change tactics slightly, who do you drop? it would have to be delph

Bollocks. Can't find any footage? Do you watch games? 

I'm guessing you didn't watch 'footage' of Saturday or last night then, when he was outstanding.

If we were going more attacking, we NEED Westy because everything we do comes through him. If he wasn't there we'd miss him. We NEED Delph because he's direct and snappy. For me KEA would be the one to go because he offers attributes from both but doesn't do either job as effectively.

no where to see footage of last night, if i could afford to go to games, i would, as it happens what i earn is my monthly bills, so having the treat of watching 22 over paid pri madonnas carelessly running around a plastic pitch for 90 minutes isnt as option :-)

if i did go to games, i wouldnt spend hours everyday on this site reading all what you guys post :-)

• Like 1

no where to see footage of last night, if i could afford to go to games, i would, as it happens what i earn is my monthly bills, so having the treat of watching 22 over paid pri madonnas carelessly running around a plastic pitch for 90 minutes isnt as option :-)

if i did go to games, i wouldnt spend hours everyday on this site reading all what you guys post :-)

Then do what I do and stream that shit! Just so you know Delph has been a colossus! The form he is in makes him undropable right now, he outshone all the chelsea central midfielders last night, and completely shut out Wilshere on the sat!

Then do what I do and stream that shit! Just so you know Delph has been a colossus! The form he is in makes him undropable right now, he outshone all the chelsea central midfielders last night, and completely shut out Wilshere on the sat!

I can't afford to go to games either but still watch nearly every minute of Villa footage through streaming.  Get with the times my man! ;)

Its truly amazing what different managers do with different players, ive cursed delph out for years and thought he was just another kid who never lived up to the hype but for say the past 6 months hes turned into the player everyone though he would be before the injury. Couldn't believe how well he played last night, saturday and the tail end of last season. 

Absolutely undropable in this form.

Edited by Cliffy Biro

Â